The Kid That I Saved

There was a girl named Marie. She can't forget the day she witnessed her father being killed...... and the day she saw her angel.

It was December. And it was snowing. Her father and her are happily singing along with the song on the radio. But suddenly.....

"CRASH!" they heard a glass shattering. She looked behind and saw their back window.

It was broken.

The car stopped. And her father looked around.

Suddenly, a man went to the car's door. Where her father was.

She looked at her father. And she saw the fear on his face.

"No..... please...." his father begged. The little Marie's heart was beating fast. She looked at the man. And his face was emotionless. He swung the bat upward, then hit the car's door. He did it repeatedly, not listening to her father's cries for help.

She saw her father being killed. And all she did was cry.

"Papa!" she sobbed. She winced everytime his father will shout. She cried everytime she hear the window glass broken. She wanted to run so badly, but she didn't want to leave her father behind.

Then, the noise stopped. She thought the man left. So she sobbed and looked up.

He saw the man beside her door. The tinted window being her only shield. She screamed.

"Papa!" she shouted. The man was about to hit her, but then he felt something hit him.

He looked to his side, and saw a boy. A boy who is 5 years older than Marie, who is only a 7 year-old.

The boy snapped a picture of the man.

"Hey, stupid! Try catching me if you can!" the boy teased. Marie, unaware of what is already happening, still sobbed softly, calling her father often.

The boy ran when he noticed the man already running to catch him.

Marie heard a knock on the door, then saw a girl, with brown eyes and black hair.

"Come. Don't be afraid. I'm not going to kill you like that meanie man." she smiled. Marie hesitated, but decided to open the car door.

"Now let's run before he comes back, okay?"

Marie, unable to speak any words, nodded and ran with the girl. Away from the car. Away from the killer. Away from her father's corpse.

They stopped and panted once they reached a street with couple of people walking.

"My name is Kathryn, by the way. Call me Kathay." she smiled. Just then, the boy from before stood in front of them and panted.

"I..... lost...... him...." he panted. Marie stared at him. The raven haired boy noticed her and looked back at her.

"My.... name.... is Ryon." he smiled and patted the Marie's shoulder.

"He's the one who planned this." Kathy said. Marie stared at her, confused.

"While we were running, Ryon made the mean man chase him." Kathy explained. Marie nodded a bit and stared at Ryon again. She smiled a bit.

"Thank you." she said in her small, cute voice. Ryon grinned.

"You're welcome."