Alfred The Gentleman (A Novelty, Really)

"I need to change, but it was nice meeting y'all!" Y/n waved. "I'll see you when the cookout begins!"

"See ya, Shelia!"

"See you!"

"Bye!" The trio waved their goodbyes, before heading back to the house.

Y/n walked in as her father came back from his phone call. "Where's that Alfred boy? I never got to see if the cookout was actually happening."

"Yeah. He just headed back to his house to prepare the BBQ."

"Any reason why?" Her father raised his eyebrow. "Don't tell me this is a secret date!" His e/c eyes twinkled.

"Fatherrrr!" Y/n facepalmed, as her father roared with laughter.

"What? You act like I don't know that guys look at you!"

Y/n blushed. "No, they don't."

"Sure they do! That Alfred guy? Beyond head over heels in love with you. He's been telling me all these stories, trying to impress me!" He let out a chuckle. "He even talked about being a dad once he gets a good job!" He chuckled. "And asked for some advice from a veteran!"

"You are really old, father."

"Hey!" He laughed.

"I think your brain is starting to mess with you!" Y/n exclaimed. "Besides, a lot of guys want to become a father one day- it's normal."

Yeah, but how many of them could be a good father like Alfred? Huh? How many? Y/n shook the intruding thought from her head.

"Whatever you say, my nugget. Go change. Change, but not into something too nice, you'll give your future boyfriend a heart attack!"

And with those embarrassing words, Y/n's father not only approved of Alfred, but he even figured she liked him, too!

As if!

Y/n groaning in expharation, she headed off to her room to pick out an outfit.

It would be outside, but she wouldn't need to wear anything winter-heavy. It was quite warm in the new town, actually.

"What do you think, Goldie?" Y/n asked as she patted her cat. "I'll lay out three outfits and you'll help me pick."

Goldie purred in response.

She decided on three outfits- with the same black flats.

The first one was a pink tennis skirt with a black shirt- that had sheer sleeves, with ribbons weaved into her wrists, for a flowy, wood nymph look.

The second was black tights, a navy blue skirt, with a gray short sleeve top, paired with a sparkly black cardigan.

Then, came the ivory ankle-length Greek-style dress, with a black shawl, along with gold bangles from her friend Raine.

Goldie meowed and jumped onto the dress, almost being careful with her claws as she gently pawed the material.

"Thank you Goldie baby!" Y/n cooed.

Goldie opted for the Greek dress- the best choice It was classy/casual, and she felt comfortable in it. Plus, the top emphasized her collarbones with the thumb-length straps and v-neck.

Observing herself in the mirror, Y/n gave a twirl. Was it extra? Yes. Was it her? Yes.

"Ugly? Don't know her. Beautiful? Always knew her- in fact, she's me!" She giggled. She then made an exaggerated pose. "Aphrodite's got nothing on me, sis."