Mom, Dad

She looked down. "Goldie!" Instantly she dropped the food bowl and began to cradle her. "My baby! Are you all alright? You weren't cold last night, were you?" Goldie meowed. "Awww, it's ok, baby. Mommy and Alfie brought food. Do you want to eat now? We can feed you some tuna!"

As Y/n spoiled Goldie of attention, Alfred looked at her dreamily. He couldn't help but feel like a father, it was almost as if it was another day they were married and were hanging out in the back with their child.

He stared at her face. She'd make a gorgeous mother, and a very nurturing one, too.

She noticed him staring. "Sorry I've been hogging her. Want to hold her?"

Alfred nodded and walked forward. Goldie leaped from Y/n's arm into his. So cozy and warm in his arms. She looked up at Alfred, her golden eyes glittering. She meowed.

Alfred was shaken. Y/n was getting so excited and flustered from the adorableness of her kitty meowing. It was so cute and angelic Y/n could feel herself crying.

"She likes you." Y/n whispered.

Goldie meowed again, melting the hearts of her parents.

She rubbed her head up the bottom of Alfred's chin, continuing to kill the two with adorableness.

An hour later of watching Goldie eat, playing with her inside the house, Alfred and Y/n sat on the still-plastic-wrapped couch together, petting Goldie.

Alfred had and arm wrapped around Y/n's shoulder, and pet the cat on her lap.

"You sure your dogs won't freak out later?" Y/n chuckled. "I know how they can be."

"Yeah." He shrugged. "Doesn't matter. Besides, my dog Captain won't care. He loves cats anyways."

Silence fell as Goldie purred.

Y/n glanced at Alfred. "Let's take a picture."

"Sure. What for?"

Just memory's sake, I don't want to ever forget this precious and pure moment... "For fun, of course."

He smiled. "Alright dudette, let's do it!"

Y/n reached for her skirt pocket only to not feel the outline of her phone.

"I think I left it in my room- hold on, I'll be right back!" She quickly said as she raced to her bedroom.

Now with Goldie in his lap, Alfred peered into her eyes. They looked up, almost knowing exactly what he was thinking.

"You're here stealing my girl's attention and affection."

Goldie purred.

"But... Y/n likes cute things, and I can see why she picked you. You're lucky you're cute."

Y/n walked back in with her phone. "Selfie!" She snapped the pic.

"Hey! The hero wasn't ready! Retake!"

"Fine!" She sat on the couch as Alfred wrapped his arm around her. "Say 'bananas!'"

"Bananas!"

They examined the picture. A perfect selfie.

"Aww, Goldie looks so cute sitting on your lap!"

Goldie jumped off Alfred's lap to venture to the kitchen.

"Yeah but you know who would look even cuter on my lap?" He patted his lap. "Come have a seat."

Y/n blushed as he winked.

"You walked right into that one."

"... Shut up."

After she sent the pic to her friends they decided to unpack a couple of boxes before they went back outside.