Chapter 13

Recently Jinyoung had not turned up at Mark's company and it had been days since the last time they had met.

But this time Jinyoung had been really busy at work. He had been kept late at work these days and could not make time to go to Mark in the evenings.

On Saturday, however, Mark called Jinyoung to come to his place and then to hang out somewhere before Jinyoung had to leave to the orphanage.

It was only morning and quite cold outside. Jinyoung snuggled inside his jacket, standing in front of Mark's house. When he pressed the bell, the door was answered in seconds, revealing Mark in his casual T-shirt and loose trousers.

He held the door open and smiled at Jinyoung, "At last you appear again. Come in."

It was warm inside as the heater was on.

"Have you had breakfast?" Mark asked.

"Yes. Just had it before coming here."

"Hmm. I was cleaning my room. Will you follow me there?"

Later Mark led him upstairs and to his room. When they were inside, Mark closed the door softly behind them.

Jinyoung headed for the chair before the bedside table but felt Mark coming too close behind him. Before he could question, he was spun around and was welcomed by Mark's intense, unreadable eyes.

Their eyes were locked, Jinyoung's confused ones and Mark's troubled ones, like the different emotions were battling inside him.

"Mark?"

"Shit Jinyoung."

That was all Mark could let out before grabbing Jinyoung's face forward and crashing his lips against Jinyoung's. Mark had experienced tracing those lips with his only once but he had quickly grown addicted to them.

However, just the moment their lips come into contact, he was pushed away, and their lips and faces were separated apart. But still Jinyoung was in his hands, which were securely wrapping around Jinyoung's waist.

"What the hell, Mark?"

Jinyoung seemed quite angry but Mark did not care at that moment. He had already come to his own resolution.

"Jinyoung, we are men and still young, full of needs and desires. There are ways we could fulfil each other's."

Jinyoung's eyes turned to incredulousness and searched Mark's face for any hint at a joke.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, Jinyoung."

"B-But that's impossible, Mark. Are you saying that you want us to be friends with benefits?"

The term struck Mark with horror; it was too explicit for him. They were friends for good but was he valuing down their friendship to something on the line of merely being sexual partners?

"I really don't know what you're thinking, Mark. Is that...is that really what you want?"

Mark let go of Jinyoung and ran his fingers through his hair in misery. He slumped over the bed and kept his eyes downward.

"I don't know what I'm thinking and doing as well, Jinyoung."

Jinyoung watched him but did not make any move. He had only a vague idea of what Mark was going through. Seeing Mark in dismay, however, did not make him feel any good. Deep down, he wanted to please Mark, that meant, in every way possible way. But all the same, he wished Mark would not jump to the instant decisions.