Prologue

"Today is the day," Takashi Shirogane thought to himself while fixing the collar of his week old Cadets uniform, "I'll show them all I'm worth being here."
After one last check of his hair, he bounced out of his new dorm. To say he was excited would be a huge understatement, young Takashi was ecstatic and full of self confidence, it was his chance to practice in the fighter pilot simulator and couldn't wait to one up every single person in his class, he is going to be the youngest, greatest fighter pilot, He's gonna make history. No one from his class is gonna stand in his way.
He was right, for the most part at least, no previous member of his class stood a chance but when he got there he learnt that there was a new member of his class. Adam Wright, a young averagely tall boy with lightly bronzed skin, dark brown unevenly chopped hair topped of with black rectangle framed glasses to hide his bored eyes. Now, Takashi was many things at that moment, a bit intrigued, of course, intimated, funny but never.
"Hey, new kid, the name's Takashi Shirogane but my fans call me Shiro," Takashi said with a cheeky wink chucking his elbow onto the slightly shorter boy. A bored and lazy sigh left Adam's as he rolled his eyes at Shiro's obvious flirting, brushing him off and striding to the simulator. Adam was not here to make friends and he definitely wasn't here to deal with cocky little boys.
    No less than ten minutes later, Adam was out and striding away from the class only spearing a glare and smirk to Shiro as if saying 'beat that.' 
As Shiro sat in the Simulator and seeing a full score, there was a pumping in his heart as if he was going into cardiac arrest, he could only register this as Love.