Chapter Five: The Black Castle

My eye still bleeds in the morning, I tried hiding it but the lost boys were worried and tried to tell Peter. But he was busy talking to Wendy. I rolled my eyes-avoiding the pain- and braided my hair. Then Peter took Wendy’s hand and pulled her to the entrance. Slightly went after him while the rest stayed. Cuddles was sad cause he thought I’d die, I hugged him without complain.

 “You’re not going to die, aren’t you Pam?” I heard Tiger. I smile and shake my head.

 “No, I’m not going to die. I might be blind though…” I trail off. Tootles gasps,

 “But then you couldn’t fight.” Tootles exclaimed. I blink my eyes at him and take a sword.

 “I can too fight, blind or not.” I reassure him and take a blow. But I only hit air; I blink in confusion and look backwards to see Tootles still stand where he was. My head pounded and my knees shacked and grew weak. I fell to my knees; I heard the clatter of the sword as it dropped to the ground.

 “Pam!” Tootles and Curly put my arms around their shoulders and carried me against the trunk. I shake my head and my eyes come into focus.

 “Pam? Are you ok?” I hear Nibs ask and drape a wet cloth onto my forehead. I nod and gently nudge him away.

 “I’m fine.” I whisper and stumble to my feet. I walk over to the mirror and look into the mirror, I blink my eyes and feel something, I raise my finger and pluck away something slimy and wet. I look and see that it was part of my pupil. I look at the mirror at see that three pieces of the pupil have already been teared away. I hear Tiger gasp and stare into my eye. I take both of his wrists and pick them up gently. I stare at him and brush a tear from his cheek. I try to smile but it doesn’t help.

 “Are you gonna die, Pam?” I hear Tootles cry. I shake my head.

 “Of course not.” I whisper. Tink flies in rapidly and stumbles onto my shoulder. She stopped to catch her breath. Then she whispered into my ear:

Pam help! Peter and Wendy are at the Black Castle. Peter needs help. Follow me.” I stumble upwards and grab my bow and arrows.

 “You stay here,” I say, pointing at the lost boys. “Tink, make sure they don’t come for me.” I explain and rush out into the forest. My head’s throbbing dimmed and my sense of sight cleared from its party of yellow fireworks. I stumble through the forest and find my running stride. My feet pound against the dirty earth. Sand rises from the earth like a wave when I skid to a halt on Skull rock shores. In the distance was a large-torn to pieces-castle. It used to be a grand castle, as I was told. I run my fingers through my hairs in distress. Then I spot a dingy floating on the shore. I scramble in and throw my bow and pack of arrow onto the boards. I grasp the rods and push to get to the castle.

*          *          *

The Black Castle was dull and grey. Thunderstorms lightening over head. The water was rough and was full of white taps. I tied the boat to the docks and raised my bow. An arrow was in the wire; I pulled it back and walked carefully up the stone steps that were covered in moss. Lightning flashed and made just a glimpse of what was ahead. I lowered the bow and quickly ran inside the castle. In the main room was like a water channel, rocks were raised from the water. A big, crocodile like statue was made in the far center. Its hand was out stretched and empty, but not actually. Inside was something moving, or someone. I immediately recognized it as Peter lay down on his stomach. I saw that three people were chained to a rock. The first I recognized as Princess Tigerlily, her face paint was smearing on her face, her black hair was wet. Next to her were the two boys who Wendy called her brothers, I believe Michael and John. Two pirates stood over watch, one was the old man, Mr. Smee. And the other I have no idea.