Chapter Nine: Happy Endings

Peter wakes to see Pam still asleep, she was curled up next to him on his shoulder. He carefully moved from under her and wrapped his arms around her back and knees. Picking her up like he did with Wendy when he rescued her. She was light, not as heavy as Wendy. He began walking down the shore towards the trail Pam walked down to get to the beach. When he reached the forest, he spotted the Lost Boys. They were crouched under the ferns, but when Peter saw them. They scrambled to their feet and smiled weakly.

 “Hello Peter, is she asleep?” Cuddles asked Peter, walking beside him. Peter shushed them and looked down at Pam to see if she awoke from the noise.

 “Yes, don’t wake her.” Peter order, carrying Pam to the hideout. Slightly pulled on the vine for Peter to slip in. when inside, Peter placed Pam gently on the bed in his room. She stirred slightly then fell back into deep sleep, he sat next to her. He crawled over the blankets to sit behind her, careful not to wake her. Peter stared to unbraid her red hair. When it was loose from the braid it fell over her shoulders and face, covering her once bad eye. He smiles a little and brushed a lock from her face, her beautiful face. She had freckles dotting her nose and cheeks, the nasty scar lay over her left eye. Her skin was a tan color like his. He could imagine her green and blue eyes, he loved them. He missed the color of her eyes when her eye was injured. But now that she’s healed, he could look at them all day. Last night was when he finally spent time with her, alone, no worries about Hook or the pirates. Just them, they had fun. Swimming and running along the beach, but the thing Peter loved most of all was when they kissed. He loved the sweetness of her mouth, but they had done it a lot last night, so Peter will try not to kiss her too much or it will be weird. Pam stirred and blinked; Peter smiled and looked at her eyes. One, a rich forest green. The other, a deep crystal blue.

 “Hey,” Peter whispered. Pam sat up and looked around,

 “Did you carry me all the way from the beach?” she asked. Peter nods; he raises an arm and tries to show his muscles. Pam giggles and leans against the wall. Peter scoots closer to her, taking her hand. 

“You can go back to sleep.” Peter whispers. Pam smiles and shakes her head.

“Nah, I’m wide awake now.” She says. Peter smiles.

“Hey, you did a great job yesterday. You still got the moves I showed you.” Peter playfully shoves her shoulder. Pam laughs and snuggles closer to Peter, hugging his arm. He looked down at her; her hands gently squeezing his bicep. Her eyes were staring at the other wall. Peter placed a hand on hers. She sighed quietly and almost closed her eyes.

 “You ok?” Peter asked. She shakes her head rapidly and nods.

 “I’m fine, just…remembering.”

 “About what?”

 “I almost died Peter, right in your arms. I was scared.” She whispered shakily, tears started to slowly crawl down her cheek. Peter wrapped his arms around her back in a hug, Pam cried into his shoulder.

 “It’s ok Pam, I’m right here. I won’t ever let them hurt you again.” Peter promised, leaning down to kiss the side of her face. Pam looked up at him, her eyes red and her cheeks red. She sat up a tiny bit and looked at him, Peter’s eyes were half closed. His mouth slightly open; just looking at Pam. Peter and Pam both leaned forward and collided mouths. Peter closed his eyes and pulled away slowly, both their eyes still closed. Pam was the first to open her eyes slowly, then turned away.

 “I-I…sorry.” She mumbled, looking away from him. Peter opened his eyes slowly and blushed a tiny bit. He took her hand in his dirty palms. She looked over at him,

 “It’s ok.” He said, “I…actually liked it.” Pam turned her head to look at him; a lock of her red hair fell over her face. Peter brushed it out of her face and behind her ear. Then he reached for the locket on her neck. He opened it to revel the two P’s intertwined.

 “How did you get this locket?” Pam asked him, Peter shrug.

 “When I was in the mainland, when I was at Wendy’s house. I saw it in a jewelry box and thought of you. I asked Wendy if I could have it and she said I could.” Peter explained. “But I tried thinking of a good time to give it too you but with Hook in the way I didn’t have time…” Pam smiled and looked at her locket.

 “Well, I love it.” Pam said to him. Peter smiled and hugged Pam. She hugged back, wrapping her arms over his shoulders in a hug. Peter took his arms around her sides, both enjoying themselves.