Chapter 16 - Alex

The next morning, Alex woke up to the faint smell of pancakes and the sound of Biscuit's barks from the bedroom floor. The curtains were pushed open, letting the sun stream in from the wall of floor to ceiling windows. She could see the sparkling blue lap pool and the city's skyline from where she sat on the bed.

On the night table was a selfie Alex had taken with Jordan's phone. She couldn't believe he'd actually printed her selfie and then framed it. Jordan was obviously sprung. He was in love with her even though she didn't initially trust him; and she was keeping their relationship a secret; and she'd stopped him the night before as things between them escalated.

When she stood at the front door after midnight and told him she was in love with him, too, she had given him her heart, but she really wanted to give him more. She didn't stop Jordan when he hoisted her up and wrapped her legs around his waist. She didn't push him away when he slid his tongue into her mouth, intertwining it with her own, before pulling it out to lightly bite her bottom lip. She never moved his strong arms or hands, which supported her hips and thighs as he carried her slowly up the stairs and into his bedroom.

It had been so quiet when Alex fell back onto Jordan's bed; Jordan silently moving above her. She remembered closing her eyes, as Jordan removed her top, and marveled at how soft his cool Egyptian cotton sheets felt on her skin. The only thing Alex could hear was Jordan's breath quicken as she pulled his shirt off and tossed it onto the floor. The same full lips that pressed firmly against her neck and collar bone, turned to feathers when they finally reached her breasts. She gasped as he lingered there, skillfully teasing her. A soft moan escaped Alex when Jordan grasped a fist full of her hair, with one hand, and slipped his other hand into her underwear.

"Jordan, wait!" She said, catching her breath. "We have to stop. I'm sorry."

Rolling off of Alex and lying next to her, Jordan exhaled. "Don't ever apologize for stopping me. I'm sorry if I was moving too fast."

"No, don't be. It's just that if we're going to take it there, I need to come clean about us first--with everyone who's important to me. I thought a lot about what you said...the whole thing with Damien...and it's not fair to you that we're creeping around. Not to mention I also hate lying to my mom. Besides, we haven't been tested, yet."

"Are you serious? That's what condoms are for."

"I am serious, and this is Hollywood, bruh. It literally takes five minutes and we can do it from home."

Jordan laid still for a few minutes, seemingly letting everything Alex said sink in. "Ok. It's whatever you want, babe." He then hopped off the bed and walked away.

"Hold up, are you upset? Where are you going?" Alex called out, pulling her blouse back on.

"I'm not mad," Jordan said giving her a genuine grin. "I just need to take a very cold shower, that's all."

I need to talk to my mom about Jordan ASAP, Alex thought watching Jordan's bare back muscles flex slightly with every step he took towards the bath.

Admiring Jordan's ten-foot bedroom ceilings, then turning her gaze back to the pool's glass like surface, Alex smiled to herself thinking, I can definitely get used to this.

"Good morning, beautiful." Jordan walked in barefoot and shirtless carrying a tray of food.

"Here you go trying to feed me, again."

"It's interesting how you always comment about that, but you never turn the food away," Jordan remarked. Looking at the plate filled with fluffy golden pancakes, Alex eyed them, skeptically.