※ Chapter 8: The Final Battle ※

The beast charges straight for me on all four limbs. Its eyes filled with anger, teeth dripping blood as if it just ate its prey. It opens its mouth and roars at me ready to kill me. 

              My plan of attack is to first use my katana and cut one hand off, his right. He wont be able to use it to swipe my face off. Then I would use my spear and stick it in his stomach. He will attempt to take it out and while he is distracted I will slice his arm off. Then land a finishing blow to the head.

           He charges and jumps over me, lands behind me and swipes my back. I didn't plan for him jumping. I then get up and stick my katana in his foot. He pulls it out and throws it off to the side, all I have now is my spear. 

            He charges once again but this time I was ready. I throw the spear in the air where he will jump and it will hit him. he falls to the ground. I quickly grab my katana to finish him. he was gone by the time I got back. 

           I look around and I do not see him. He reappears out of no where and scrapes my arm. He attempts to bite me but I block it with the spear. He punches me across the opening. I barely get up with the help of my spear to only be knocked down again by the beast. 

           I have lost all hope in me winning this fight. I would need a miracle to save me. The beast lifts me up by my neck ready to eat me. I call for the sword by saying the words in-carved on the sword. it goes to my hand and I stick it in his heart. He drops me and drops dead.  

          I am barely able to walk with my spear. i see the same birds from before fly down by me laying on the ground. 

"You have done well Walcott",Said one of the birds

"You can choose your fate either your body and soul goes into the forest, and you become the leader of this forest" 

"Or we can help you survive your injuries and live on as the guardian, which do you choose?", Said one of the birds

" I choose to become the leader", Said Walcott

"Very well", Said one of the birds

         Walcott's body lifted up into the air high above the trees and was turned into a million pieces. The forest changed, it has become a nice light forest. No more monsters, no more darkness. There was for once, peace.