Chapter 2

I can't understand her, really I can't. Why is she so insistent over doing things that is so tedious?

She declared she wanted to write a story, which is annoying. Don't get me wrong I do understand she wants to explore, I could tell she's excited about it, but the problem is she wanted me to be her story's MC.

"What a pain."

I mumbled as I nibble my food. I was wondering why she's waiting for me outside last night, turns out she just enjoy stripping me out of my freedom.

Why does it have to be me? There's a bunch of dudes out there who's more an 'enthusiast' and less laid back than my self that's more suited for this dubious task, and by enthusiast I mean they love to hang around girls, since this task include meals with her. Probably the reason why she picked me is because I was not on her list of 'bae material', which I prefer.

"So, what should I do?" I asked unenthusiastically.

She glanced at me for a moment and and turned back to scribbling into her note pad. "Nothing, just do what you usually do."

"So that's it? Your just gonna watch me all day writing anything you observe like I'm some sort of a celebrity. Well, I'm flattered."

She stopped scribbling and shot me a murderous glare, I answered with a shrug.

I wonder why she picked me, but I couldn't bring my self to ask her, maybe because I'm not too inclined to talk about things I'd rather forget, or just that it's too much of a risk for my heart. Either way I'll just let her do what she wants, for now.

"Hey, is there something you wanna tell me?" She asked pulling me out of my realm of thoughts.

"No." I replied.

"Then quit staring."

"Was I?"

She glanced at me and rolled her eyes.

Was I staring too much? This is why I always try to avoid being alone with her, seriously, she's such a pain to deal with.
And yes, this isn't the first time we're out together.

I wrapped up my food and looked around the restaurant. It's eight in the morning, people are getting busy preparing for the day. I watched as the crowd of students came bustling inside the fast food chain. As they chatter, the room became lively as they laugh around making their way towards the table next to us. I glanced at Cathie who's still engrossed at scribbling on her note pad, still unfazed over the ruckus around her.

I stared at her carefully, not letting her notice me. I watched her as a couple strands of her hair touches her delicate long eye lashes, making her blink as she tucked it at the back of her ears. Her red lips gently curves as it follows the tip of her pen, and her long black silky hair traces her shoulders making her look more beautiful under the sunlight.

I shook my head and got up to head for the toilet. While she's so busy writing, she didn't even have time to pause to notice I already left. These just tells me that no matter how much time we spend with each other, and no matter what I do, she'll only look forward without ever looking back at me. That's why I don't want to bother asking her out. Besides, I don't want to dwell in my own lost, since if ever I was the one to confess to her, it'll automatically be my defeat.

I looked at my wristwatch. Crap! I'm going to be late.

I got out of the corridor and walk fast towards the dining area, the tables was quickly occupied at the short amount of time I was out, making me think that time passes so fast I have to be faster, so I quickened my pace as if I was competing for a first runner up at Olympics race walking. I got out of the resto without letting her know, she would probably just notice I was already gone and move on with her life, since she's a busy woman.