Chapter 3

Sparkle: a glittering flash of light, often found on a nicely shaved head reflected by the sun light. Isn't that right? But why does it seem like the room is filled with sparkles the moment she looked at me? There's not even a single baldy nearby? Weird.

I loosen my grasp. We stared at each other intently unable to say a word. Her dark brown eyes meeting mine was so overwhelming I feel like my heart is going to melt, still, I couldn't look away. Suddenly, a weird sense of wanting to do something hit me I couldn't stop my self. I slowly opened my mouth, catching a deep breath as my face slowly frowned.

"Achoo!"

Oh jeez, I caught a cold.

Cathie scrunched her eyebrows before taking off to the first vacant table she could find as I followed rubbing my nose.

"Are you going to be okay?" Asked her, "you purposely drenched your self just to skip our meeting didn't you?"

"Of course not, why would I do that?"

"Because it's a pain in the ass?" She implied. "Remember 'love thy neighbor'?"

"Are you guilt tripping me right now? We're not even neighbors." I sighed, " look Cathie, I'm fine doing this okay? It's just-"

She looked at me. "Just what?"

I'm falling in love with you! I groan inwardly.

She rolled her eyes grabbing her mini note pad out of her silver grey purse. "This project is important to me, and as a friend I wish you'd support me."

Oh jeez, she's getting emotional.

"Cath, you don't have to say anything, I'm always here for you." I said, dying inside from the cringe.

She smiled at me. "Thanks Jared. Though that was so cheezy coming from you." She chuckled, I shrugged.

"Hey Cath, why aren't you working on your laptop?"

"Its too much of a hassle carrying it around." She muttered writing on her note pad.

There she goes again taken over by her writers fit. Its kinda cute though when she goes from being abrasive to a silent self-renowned writer.

It has been a while since we went out together, and honestly I don't think I can consider this as a 'date', in fact, it's even no where near a romantic date, it's just her tugging me around every time when her girl friends are busy. I don't know how it happened but before I could even think about it we became best friends, and she started calling me too often I cant even decline.

"Hey, Jared" called Cathie throwing her pen down. "How's the band doing? You still hit the drums?"

"Yeah, I only play the role sometimes whenever one of the gang is busy, since I can't really call my self a drummer." I muttered.

"What are you saying? You play well with them."

"Nah, every time I play a fill I always stumble playing it the wrong way, considering there's just very few times I played, I still need a lot of experience."

"No, you don't have to be a pro or anything, what you need is God's presence in playing the songs, be proud of your self. Are you even praying before you play?" She asked.

I scoffed at her. "Of course I pray, I always ask for His guidance. I still remember everything Pastor Jake taught me, about how to play in a church, and the thing that hit me the most from what he taught me is 'Its not about me' it's about guiding the people throughout the songs."