Chapter 2

"Have you lost your mind!?" Claire could see in Brenda's eyes how upset she was. She had never seen the blonde this furious, and right now it was scaring her how those blue eyes were almost poking out, as if they would jump out and strangle her.

"Maybe?" Claire grinned lightly, slowly letting go of Lizzie and squeezing out from behind the door. She rubbed her forehead while she walked back to the living room, looking for Owen. She knew it would be inevitable to hear his ex freak out at this point, and she would rather do this with him standing by her side.

"MAYBE!?" Brenda snorted.

"Well...I mean—" Claire knew how off limits exes were in the eyes of friends, but in her defense, she had tried to avoid this...a little...at first.

"How long have you two been sleeping together?" Brenda questioned them, talking between her teeth since Lizzie was around.

"Just this time. It happened last night." Claire assured her.

"Yeah, finally..." Owen said, somewhat relived, earning a look from both women. He wasn't really helping their case here and Brenda was now curious about how long they had been wanting to do this.

"I want a timeline, and I want it detailed." The blonde crossed her arms against her chest. "Who made the first move? Where were you? Do the kids know? Oh my god, please tell me you haven't done anything in front of the kids." Brenda was disgusted just by the images popping into her head.

"No! Of course not!" Claire insisted.

"Daddy and Claire sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" Lizzie smiled while playing on the couch. She and Mason had taken on singing this to them from time to time. "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage!"

"Riiiiight." Claire didn't know if the other mom was hurt or upset... it was probably both. She knew it would be better to just be honest and come clean now that they had been caught in the act than deal with it later.

"Okay, so we have kissed in front of them...a little, but that's about it! I promise."

"So how did he sweep you off your feet, huh?" Brenda was still interested in learning every detail. "I'm really curious to hear how YOU, of all people, ended up in bed with MY ex-husband."

"They fell in love at the zoo! By the cotton candy booth!"

"Fell in—now that's—that's not—" Owen's eyes widened and he brought his hands up in a 'calm down' motion. "We have only been together for like three weeks, WAY too soon for that choice of words." He rubbed the back of his neck.

Claire was covering her face with her hands. She really wanted a hole to swallow her whole so she could escape this awkwardness. "It happened at the zoo. I'm not sure who made the first move, I-... I guess it was mutual." She shrugged, looking briefly at Owen for a hint of a confirmation. "I'm really sorry...I couldn't help myself. And I'm not stopping this either." She confessed.

"So you've been exchanging saliva with MY ex-husband since the moment you met?"

"Ewwwww" The little blonde girl had all her senses into the conversation, very eager to corroborate any detail that came up.

"No...not from the moment we met... more like... five or six hours later?" Owen explained, an uneasy toothy smile on his face.

"How is that even better??!!" His ex's jaw dropped, before she looked back at Claire. "I thought there was something that had changed in him that I was missing, and that's why you were constantly giving a good word for him." Brenda shook her head, disappointed. "Figures all you wanted was to get in his pants." She chuckled bitterly.