Chapter 5: The Mystery Of The Mikaelsons

2 Weeks Later...
Jughead's PoV:
It's been two weeks since I met Hope, and I have to say that I find her to be quite strange.

Hope told me that she used to go to Boarding School, but then she came here. She hasn't told me where the Boarding School was and whenever I try to ask, she changes the subject. I don't know why she came here either.

Also, Hope keeps getting (and declining) phone calls. One minute I can see the caller ID as Mom, the next as unknown number and sometimes as an Uncle that I couldn't see the name of. It's oddly confusing to me, but it just makes her sigh and roll her (beautiful) eyes.

Ok, maybe I have developed a little crush on her.

Or maybe a big crush.

Ok, I'm, like, 90% sure that I'm in love with her.

Who am I kidding, I'm in love with her 100%. To quote Twilight (Betty forcing me to watch that whilst I was dating her was pure torture), I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Hope Mikaelson.

And I know that we could never be together, with my Vampire side, yet I can't help but picture what it would be like to be with her. To kiss her perfect rosy lips and caress her soft skin as she laid in my arms. God, that was sappy. But, it's the truth.

"Hey Jug, what's a better excuse for not doing my homework, either my Mom spilled her coffee over it last night or that Mom left my Dad and I didn't have time to do it?" Hope, forever not caring about homework.

"Really? And the second one sounds a little grim, if you ask me." I told her, a slight smile on my lips.

"First one it is." Hope sighed, brushing her untameable hair from her shoulder.

If only I could tell her my secret. Then I'd be able to compel the teachers to not even give homework. But she can never know.

"Oh, and by the way: I'm coming over to your place tonight cuz we're gonna watch Harry Potter together. And you can assume that I'll be staying over. And that you'll be picking me up from my house." Hope told me.

That's just how we work. No permission needed, just say it and it goes.

"Sure, but just so you know, my Dad's gonna be at the Wyrm all night." I told her.

"I don't think that's gonna be a problem."

————
"You won't remember any of this. You'll go back home to your sad little life and go to bed." I compelled the drunk man that was trying to rape a pretty blonde girl by Sweet Water River. It took all of my strength not to drain him completely for what he was doing, but his blood was absolutely disgusting. He repeated the command back to me before walking away, leaving me to wipe the sickening substance from my face.

"Time to go and pick up Hope." I muttered to myself before climbing onto the back of my motorcycle and speeding away to my best friend's house.
————
"NO! I AM NOT GOING BACK TO NEW ORLEANS!" I heard Hope's usually calming voice scream.

"YES YOU ARE! WE NEED TO KEEP YOU SAFE!" Another voice screamed.

"I DON'T CARE!" Hope screamed back. Confused, I jumped off of my motorcycle and banged on the door.

"I'M GOING OUT AND YOU BEST BE GONE WHEN I COME BACK!" Hope screamed before answering.

"Hey Jug, sorry I took so long." She had definitely been crying, no doubt about it, and a rucksack was slung carelessly over her shoulder. A woman, almost a split double of Hope, stood in the kitchen, her hands in her hair.

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

"I'm fine, let's just go." She replied.
————
"Who was that in the kitchen?" I asked Hope once she was comfortably situated on my couch, also known as the world's most uncomfortable chair.

"It was my Mom. She wanted me to go back home with her, but I told her to go fuck herself." Hope answered, tired and angry.

"Why? And what was all the screaming?" I asked her, hoping not to be too intruding.

"You heard that, huh?" She sighed. "Look, Jug, you're my best friend and even though you have that title can we please just drop it?" She pleaded.

I answered with silence rather than words.
————
'You. You're Tom Riddle.'

The TV's dialogue continued as someone banged on the trailer door, waking me from my sleep. Hope later on top of me, her brunette (Curls? They're more like a bush, but who cares. Let's just go with hair) splayed over my chest as her head rested on the crook of my neck.

I climbed out from underneath her, trying not to wake her, and emerged successful.

"Umm...hi?" I spoke to the stranger at the door. He was blonde, a little taller than me, and had the bluest eyes I've ever seen.

"Look mate, I'm not one for formalities so let's just cut to the chase. I'm looking for Hope and someone told me she'd be here. Where is she?" He asked in a British accent. It was actually kind of familiar.

"She's asleep. And what do you want with her anyways?" I told the guy.

"None of your business. And-" He started, before he was cut off by another voice.

"Dad?" Hope asked him, still half asleep.

"Dad?" I repeated, very confused.

"Hope, come on. Just go home with your Mother and then everything will be back to normal." The man, Hope's Dad, pleaded.

"For God's sake! No! I'm happy here, you always have to ruin everything! I'm safe, I'm happy and that's much more than I could ever say from back home!" Hope cried. "Just, please, leave me alone for once!" Hope cried, running into the back of the trailer where the bedrooms are.

"You heard her. Bye." I told the man with a glare, closing the door. I heard him sigh and walk away before saying something to someone, most likely over the phone.

With a sigh, I made my way into the bedrooms to check on Hope.

"You alright?" I asked, hoping that it would break the ice a little. Hope was crying, making me realise that today was the first time that I'd seen her cry.

"Not my birthday, not when I started school, not even when I needed a Dad to make everything alright, he never cared about me. But when I decide to grow up a little and make my own choices, he shows up to make me miserable again. Why? Why does he hate me?" Hope sobbed.

"Hey, c'mon, it's gonna be alright." I tried to soothe her, not really having much experience in the 'How To Stop A Girl Crying' department.

Before I knew what was happening, she had her lips on my own, kissing me like the world's going to end.

And I can't deny that I liked it.

—/—/—/—/—
What's that? I'm alive? Guys, I'm so sorry for not updating! I honestly have no excuse but...is this a good apology? Also, I'm on break from school now! Yay! And by the way if anyone watches Supernatural (Jaime_sweets I know you do, so don't even think about it), would you guys like a Sam x OC book? I've been working on one, and I just wanna know if you guys would wanna read it? Or maybe even a Dean x OC? Let me know down below, and I'll see you later! Byeeeee x