Chapter 7//

Krissy's POV//

I walked away from my father, Jaime, and Tony. I can't believe he is here. How did he find us? He doesn't know where Jaime lives. Millions of questions ran through my mind as I walked to the bathroom. When I arrived at the door, I knocked lightly.

"Vic?" I asked softly through the door.

I heard sniffling.

"Vic it's me, Krissy," I said quietly.

"Hold on," was his reply and there was more sniffling. I heard the water running and a small clinking noise. A few moments later, he cracked the door open.

"Yea?" he whispered. I could barely hear him over the moans and screams of pain coming from our father less than 30 feet away.

I pushed the white door open all the way and engulfed Vic in a hug.

"I'm so sorry Vic, I had no idea he would find us. I didn't think he knew where Jaime lives," I apologized over and over before he stopped me.

"It's okay Krissy. You didn't know he knew where Jaime lived and neither did I. We thought we were safe from dad here but, I guess we aren't. It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault. And besides, Jaime and Tony are keeping us safe and away from him. We are fine. We are okay."

I blinked a few times, processing what he just said. Vic is never the rational one. I suddenly burst into tears and hugged Vic again.

"Thank you," I whispered.

I pulled away and looked around the small bathroom. "What were you doing in he-" I stopped mid-sentence noticing a small rectangular piece of metal on the counter by the sink. And in the sink were small, light red droplets of water.

My eyes snapped back to the metal item and I picked it up. I glanced at Vic and he looked down. I noticed next to the small metal item was a small screw and a pencil sharpener, free of the blade and screw. I twirled the blade in my fingers, pressing it against the pad of my thumb with my index finger.

I looked up at Vic. He was looking at his black sweatshirt sleeve, pulling it down uncomfortably. "I'm sorry Kriss," he whispered, almost inaudibly.

I felt the tears reform and my vision blur. "How-how could you?" I asked before dropping the blade and running down the hallway to the steps. I sprinted past Jaime, my father, and Tony. Tony and Jaime gave me concerned looks and my so called father just groaned and Jaime kicked him once again.

I ran out of the house, not bothering to close the front door. I sprinted as fast as I could, maneuvering through the streets, toward a park almost no one visited. I saw my favorite hiding spot and jogged over there. It was a corner in the dark red fence that lines the park, hidden behind some bushes and trees. No one besides me knew about that spot. I never told anyone, not even Vic.

I moved away a few bush branches and army crawled into the small space. I sat down and pulled my knees to my chest. I thought for a few seconds, momentarily forgetting everything that has happened to me in the last few years. When the memories came back, they hit me like a truck. The crash, Mike gone, the beating, the hiding, the lying, the yelling, and now this. Vic self harms. How long had he been doing this? Why is he doing this? I've always been there for him. Always. Did I do something wrong? Is it my fault? Why the hell did I leave him when he needed me most? God I'm an idiot. He's an idiot.

I can feel hot tears rolling down my cheeks. Quickly, the salty droplets race down my skin and fall off my face, landing on my clothes making small dark spots on my jeans.

There are so many things going through my mind. I'm driving myself crazy. I can feel my sanity slipping through my paralyzed fingers. I'm trying to grasp anything to help me from falling further into this imaginary black hole but, there is nothing to grab onto. Nothing to hold. Nothing to catch me. I'm just falling into a deep dark hole of nothingness that I can't get out of.