6.)

Jacob nearly throws his phone across the room when he sees a picture of you and Shawn on his Instagram. It's a comparison photo, side by side. The one on the left is from earlier in the summer, both of you in an awkward side hug, and on the right, he's dressed in a nice button up, sleeves up to his elbows and khakis, and you're in a summer dress, roses in your hand. The photo is captioned"#transformationtuesday, from our first date exactly one month ago, to tonight, when I asked her to be mine, and she said yes. thank you for giving me the chance to be yours"

He wants to vomit at how disgusted he feels.

According to Gabe, you and Shawn have been going on dates almost every day since your first date a month ago - hiking, swimming at the pool, the beach, the lake, going to the movies, ice cream, dinners, to the boardwalk, mini golfing, soccer at the park - and all this meant to Jacob was that he was $500 in the hole.

He's pissed as fuck, starts to type out a text to Shawn but thinks better of it. He knows that he's upset because he lost the bet but also, he realizes that Shawn actually fucking likes you and that's just...that's just not allowed.

You've always been the annoying baby sister, not to mention that you're Gabe's baby sister, and oh god.

How could Gabe be okay with this?

Gabe's seen Shawn in action at school, pulling women left and right, bringing girls home and immediately forgetting their names the morning after. And not that Jacob cares about you, because he doesn't, but knowing how Shawn is, how could Gabe as an older brother possibly think it's okay for the two of you to be together?

What the fuck changed after a year in Europe?

Overall though, and the most important thing, is that he's furious that Shawn would even consider dating you, that Gabe would let this happen, because you ruined his life.

And he'll never stop hating you for it.

-

It's a hot summer morning about a week after you agreed to be Shawn's girlfriend, and all the boys are over at your house for an impromptu pool party. You're fine with it, don't mind having the guys over because you know that later this afternoon, you and Shawn are going on a picnic date, so what's a few hours of enduring testosterone?

You weren't going to take it easy on Shawn though. You're wearing a navy blue strapless top, and matching bottoms with ties on the side, and Shawn cannot take his eyes off you. He'd do something about it too, if the others weren't here, and if Jacob wasn't being such a dick.

When they all got here about two hours ago, Shawn and Jacob engaged in a heated exchange upstairs in his room, and when they rejoined everyone, Jacob had been nothing but extremely rude to you, but you opted to be the bigger person and not fight back.

You know he's probably angry at the news that you and Shawn are dating, given the snippets of yelling you heard, but you're not going to give Jacob the time of day. Shawn and Gabe have defend you for the most part, and Mat and Cody have stepped in occasionally to make sure Jacob wasn't going too far, but overall, it wasn't a fun time.

You're laying out on the cabana bed, overhead shade pulled up when you hear a throat clear from beside you, pulling you away from the book you'd been reading.

Mathew approaches, taking the lawn chair next to you. He hands you a bottle of lemonade from the cooler, leaning back before looking at you with a questioning face. "Hey, so, I've only been friends with these guys for a few years, but can you let me in on the joke?"

You stare at Mathew. "What joke?"

"The whole 'golden snitch' thing. I mean, it's obviously a joke to Jacob and not to you but...what happened?"