Chapter Four

Y/N awoke the next morning to her doorbell. She rolled over, grumbling. "Coming," she moaned as she picked herself up. She yawned and stretched as she made her way to her front door, expecting her upstairs neighbor, Miss Fiona, who loved to complain about anything and everything.

"Miss Fiona, it's too early for this," she groaned as she swung the door open.

"I apologize for the hour," Elijah stood, looking sharp and refreshed. "But I believe these belong to you," he said, holding up her jacket, keys and cell phone from the night before.

Y/N was suddenly aware of her pajamas, wearing short shorts and a grey camisole. She crossed her arms across her chest, hyper aware that she was braless. "Sorry, I thought you were my upstairs neighbor." She stepped out into the hallway, taking her belongings. "Thank you, you didn't have to do that, I would have gone later today." She hugged her jacket to her. "What time is it?"

"Breakfast time," he stated matter of factly. "My treat."

Y/N chuckled. "You want to take me to breakfast?"

Elijah smiled.

She bit her lip. "Okay," she agreed. "Just let me get ready real quick."

She disappeared inside, closing the door behind her. Elijah noted that she once again did not invite him in, but she agreed to go to breakfast which meant she trusted him.

He heard the shower running and tried to pick imaginary lint off his suit to distract himself. Elijah wasn't one to allow his thoughts to run wild, but he found himself thinking of her running her hands through her Y/H/C hair, her soft skin warm under the shower head. He imagined the droplets of water beading on her face and neck, trailing down and pooling by her collarbone.

He cleared his throat and decided a walk around the block would do him good.

Y/N showered quickly, patting herself dry in record time. She struggled with what to wear - it was 8:00 on a Saturday morning, and the man was in a suit. She wondered if he ever relaxed.

She tore through her closet before deciding on black leggings and a cute sleeveless grey top. It had cutouts along the chest for style, perfectly placed along her curves - dressy, but casual. Sexy without giving anything away. She threw on a cardigan to keep her warm while still showing off her outfit, and a pair of black ankle boots to dress it up a little more. She dried her hair as fast as she could and threw on some mascara. It wasn't perfect, but it would do in a pinch.

When she opened her door again he was standing at the end of the hall. He turned upon hearing her approach, and took in her appearance. She hoped it was enough.

Elijah took a deep breath. "You look lovely," he said quietly.

"Thank you," she blushed.

He held the building door open for her. "After you."

She passed him and he placed his hand on her lower back. She liked being close to him, feeling his warmth, breathing in his cologne. She wondered briefly what he looked like underneath the suit...

She shook her head, chasing her thoughts away before they got out of hand. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"I know a little place just outside of the Quarter, I thought you'd enjoy it."

She grinned. "I'm starving."

"Well we shall have to remedy that."

Breakfast came and went. Elijah asked Y/N about her childhood, and her favorite foods. She told him about her passion for music, and Elijah promised to teach her piano one day. She shared her love of books, and he shared about his time in Paris and how he wished to go back someday. Y/N told him about how much she missed her brother and he talked about his siblings. They walked through the Quarter afterwards, and soon enough they were eating lunch together.