Blake

I'm hanging out with Kyla and one of her friends, Sarah. Again. It's one of the days that mom and dad made me get out of the house and practically kicked me out. I had nowhere else to go so I had to go with Kyla.

Sarah was trying to make small talk but it was so painful that I told them to just act like I wasn't there. They started talking about all of the drama going on at school and how they couldn't believe that it was true. Every once in a while you would hear them both shriek and squeal in high pitched screams. I wasn't paying attention when Sarah started talking about ME. Once she started talking she gave her a look that reminded Sarah that I was still there.

"Oh sorry! I forgot that you were there. I mean you did tell us to act like you weren't there." Sarah said this with disgust in her voice and I suddenly couldn't believe that Kyla was friends with a person like this. Kyla glared at her and suddenly said. "I think that we should go now."

After that the night was over and when we went back to the house mom asked what we were doing home so early and practically kicked us out of the house. AGAIN. IN THE SAME NIGHT!!! I was not happy. So Kyla drove me to an open clearing and we just started talking.

"So about the other day at lunch..." I just kinda looked at her.  "What about it?"  "I think that you know what I'm talking about."  "No I really don't.  I was just sitting in the actual cafeteria instead of the library everyday."  She stared blankly at me and I stared back. We sat in silence for a few minutes until Kyla asked.  "Just tell me why you did it.  I just want to know."  "Well I don't want to tell you. Can we go home yet?"

As she starts to get into the car she turns back and looks at me.  She has a sad look on her face and I don't really know why.  "If your feeling sorry for me I really don't want you to.  I'm not a baby anymore! "  She turns around and gets back in the car.  She starts the car and drives away.  Without me.  "Wait what are you doing!?  Get back here right NOW!" 

 I give up and start walking home and then realize that we are about 60 miles out of town and I can't walk home.  This means that I have to call someone to come and get me or just wait for her to come back and get me.  I know that she will.  

She didn't.

I didn't want to call anyone because that would defeat my point of not wanting to be a baby.  Long story short I ended up sleeping at the park and freezing my ass off in the process.  When I finally got home in the process after mom came to get me.  Kyla must have told her.  I was expecting her to be mad when I got in the car but she wasn't.

We didn't talk the whole ride home.  That day after school I had a new message from him.  I was surprised that he even read the first one let alone respond to the second one.  It said "Who are you and how r u doing?"  I got so nervous when I read that message but didn't know why.   I didn't want it to stop.  I wanted to respond so I did.  I was wishing that he would respond right away and I would immediately get another message from him.  That didn't happen.  In fact, he didn't respond until three weeks later.