4

song for this chapter - came to do by chris brown
1 week earlier
october 19

after they had both followed me on instagram, i decided to follow them back, since i didn't want to seem like a bitch for no reason.

it was friday, and brandi and i had gone to the library on campus to get some work done, figuring we'd be more productive there than at my apartment.

"ready for mani pedi's?" i asked as brandi stepped into the passenger seat of my car.

"ugh yes, this week was way more stressful than i thought it would be, and i definitely need to relax for a bit."

"i feel ya," i put my key in the ignition and turned it, starting my car.

-

we got out and i locked the doors as we walked to the door of modern pamper salon.

"you're joking." i said as i stopped dead in my tracks, glancing through the nail salon window, seeing two people i never thought i would sitting in pedicure chairs.

"it's like the universe is trying to tell you something." brandi smiled and crossed her arms, looking over at me.

"it is. and it's telling me to go somewhere else," i said as i began to dig around my bag for my keys.

"oh no it's not. james is in there with them, and we haven't seen him in like two weeks. you'll be fine, they're harmless." she said, looking back at the three boys who hadn't noticed us.

i groaned and rolled my eyes as brandi grabbed my wrist, pulling me into the salon.

we entered and told the woman at the front desk that we would both like a fill on our nails and a pedicure, and she told us it'd be about ten minutes.

out of the corner of my eye, i noticed grayson look up and make slight eye contact with me, then nudge ethan, who was to his right, and whisper something to him.

i turned my attention away, and back to deciding on a color.

"nude or pink?" i asked brandi, holding up a warm toned nude and a bright neon pink next to her.

"pink. spice it up a little bit," she replied, knowing that i always either pick nude or white, because it goes with everything.

"lemme guess, red again?" i asked her.

"it is my signature color," she said, admiring the red shade she had picked.

"look at that, two of my favorite sisters!" a voice from behind us shrieked. brandi and i exchanged a knowing look before turning around to be starring at james, his laptop resting on his thighs.

"hi doll," i said, not yet acknowledging the twins. "fancy running into you here."

"what are you three up to?" brandi asked, trying to distract from my uncomfortable demeanor.

"i dragged these two along with me so i could get some work done, and because i know they secretly love this." james smiled as he looked at his friends. "i don't think any of you guys have met." james stated. "ethan, grayson, this is-"