9

song for this chapter - 3 strikes by terror jr
sunday, november 4

i played with the loose strings that were hanging from the rips in my jeans as james told me to close my eyes so he could douse my face in setting spray.

today was the day of the vma's, and brandi and i were at the twins house getting ready.

james had just finished my makeup, and we were about to start filming again.

i grabbed the bags that had everything i bought for grayson, and looked over at brandi who was sitting in a chair on her phone while james took the curlers out of her firey red hair.

she quickly brushed through them slightly, before reaching down to grab her bags for ethan.

"ready?" grayson asked us.

"hell yeah," i smiled, feeling much better about filming this time than the first.

we all sat on the couch in the same spots we did two days prior.

"so we're back, it's now sunday, and we have to be on the carpet in 2 hours."

"james just finished the girls makeup, we showed him the outfits beforehand so he could do their glam accordingly."

"hi kitty girls!" james said as he quickly popped his head into the frame next to me.

"the other day we shopped, and we shopped, and we shopped. we were literally out for like, 8 hours looking for these outfits and we are finally going to reveal what we'll all be wearing tonight." ethan said.

"i'm nervous, what if we did really bad." grayson said.

"yeah guys, yesterday we were really happy with what we got, but now we're like, kinda nervous to show them." ethan explained.

"i bet you guys did good!" brandi said.

"ladies first, you guys show us what we're wearing." grayson said.

"so, for ethan, i got him this striped jared lang shirt, and look it's even reversible." brandi said as she took the shirt out of the bag and placing it in ethan's hands.

ethan unfolded the shirt and looked at it.

"i actually really like this, this is really sick." ethan genuinely said.

"good, okay, close your eyes," brandi said as she grabbed the second thing she bought.

ethan opened his eyes and unfolded the black pants.

"oooh, those are really good and fresh!" james said from behind the camera this time.

"these are nice, these are really nice," ethan said examining the pants.

brandi squealed in excitement, relieved that ethan was liking what she picked out for him.

"and last thing!" she handed him a large, black box.

ethan opened the box, smiling as he looked at the sleek, black dress shoes.

"okay, yeah i actually really like this. because the outfit is casual but put together, but then the shoes are really nice, i dig it. thanks brandi!" he gave her a hug as she smiled, clearly impressed with the work she had done.