Prologue

(Third POV)

In a house surrounded by trees at night, a woman and her young daughter are both sat in bed, waiting for the time to pass by. They were still wide awake as they were, but the daughter would give off a few yawns here and there, soon after, the daughter finally decided to get some rest, but she couldn't even try closing her eyes. She decided to ask her mom for a bedtime story.

Daughter: "Mommy, I'm tired...can you tell me a bedtime story...?" The mother giggled at her daughter weariness, but she just accepted.

Mother: "Alright dear, what kind of a story would you like to hear this time?"

Daughter: "The one with the Lamb and the Wolf!" The mother giggle once more before she slowly tucked her daughter in bed, pulling her blanket up to her daughter's neck.

Mother: "Alright then dear, but promise me not to interrupt ok? We don't want you to wake them up do we?" The daughter shook her head before the mother began her story.

Mother: "Once upon a time, there was a young girl that goes by the name of Septima, she was a wonderfully young lady. She had hair that was white as snow, and her eyes were as blue as the clear blue ocean. Septima had a father, who had a kind heart and a gentle hand, and she also had a mother, who was warm-hearted and full of joy. They all lived happily in a small hut like ours, in the exact same spot we live in right now. Nothing could've been better than what they have now, suddenly, an injured wolf came out of the thick woods beyond the clearing. It's wound looked like it was done by some sort of trap, and Septima saw this. She helped the wolf inside her house and with the help of her parents, treated the wolf back to full health, and because of this, the wolf was forever indebted to her. It vowed to protect Septima and her parents for as long as he was able. Then one day, Septima's parents had disappeared, and she was worried. Her parents have told her to never go out into the woods to find them, or else she would get lost, but being the worried daughter that she was. She ran into the woods with her wolf in tow, but not long after searching for her parents, she immediately lost her way. By then, she would've lost all hope of finding her way back, but something came to her in a ball of blue light. It was a spirit dweller, a human spirit that lives on in the forest for as long as the world has been created, and they help guide the lost to a special pool of water. The spirit dweller did so, and Septima was amazed at what she was seeing. A large circular pool of water, shining in the night as the moon's light reflected off the surface of the water. The spirit dweller told her to submerge herself into the pool, and with a little hesitation, she did so, but her wolf jumped into the pool with her, which must never happen. However, due to its commitment to protecting Septima and her family, it had transformed along with Septima. She became a humanoid lamb, with fleece so soft, it felt like clouds. Her wolf transformed into an ethereal being that was as black as the night sky. Because of their transformation, they were forever together to roam the world and bring out either a swift and true sleep to the elderly, like your grandmother and grandfather, or a horrid one, like what they did to people who refuse death." After she was done telling her story, her daughter was already fast asleep. The mother kissed her forehead before leaving the bedroom and into the back porch that had a rocking chair. She sat down and looked out into the thick woods, where she could see a faint flash of blue illuminate from the trees. She gave a nod to the flash, and out came the Lamb and Wolf. They did not deliver to her a swift death, nor a horrid one, instead, they just bowed in respect and walked back into the woods, never to be seen again...

A/N: I hope you liked the Prologue guys.