Chapter 4

(Third POV)

Ozpin: "Kindred Spirits, Warrior of Light, I would like you to go on a mission. It won't be an easy one, but it will be a cake walk for the two of you."

WoL: "I see, so Ozpin, what is it that you would like us to do? Kill Grimm, Recon the areas around the forest?"

Ozpin: "Close, Light, but not close enough. The both of you will be looking for a person." Ozpin grabs a file from his desk and passes it over to the Kindred Spirits. Lamb takes it and opens it up to reveal a picture of a woman with pink hair, wielding a sword that looked like it could transform into a pistol.

 Lamb takes it and opens it up to reveal a picture of a woman with pink hair, wielding a sword that looked like it could transform into a pistol

WoL: "Ah, that's Lightning, she is one of the famous huntresses in Remnant, second only to Summer Rose. Sadly, Summer's passing has made her go into hiding, and Squall and I haven't heard from her since."

Wolf: "Then how can we find a person?"

Lamb: "When she'd rather not be found?" Ozpin takes a sip from his mug before responding.

Ozpin: "That's where I come in, Lightning was supposedly on her way to Beacon, but somehow her Bullhead has not been heard from ever since. So, the three of us will be going to her aid if ever she's in trouble." The three of them nodded in response before they departed to the forest.

(Timeskip)

Wolf: "Remember what Light said about love that other time?"

Lamb: "Yes, and I do not wish to talk about it again."

As soon as they had exited the Bullhead, there was debris from the crash, and it was everywhere. It looked like no one could have survived a crash like that.

Ozpin: "Let us split up to cover more ground. Kindred Spirits, take the north side; Light, take the southeastern side; I will take the southwestern side." Everyone nodded before they went their separate ways.

(WoL POV)

I departed from the group to go Southeast from the crash, and I could hear gunshots and roaring up ahead, so I bolted into a sprint to see that Lightning was alright, but she was in a bit of a predicament as she was fighting two Ursa Majors and two people from Salem's little girl band, Hazel and Tyrian. She dodged the strike of one of the Ursa Majors but was soon pushed back by a punch to her stomach region by Hazel. She skidded backwards over to me, and I used my shield to stop her from skidding even backwards. When she had realized this, she turned to look behind her, and she saw me.

Lightning: "You're here. I thought you were in Menagerie." I walked in front of her and glared at the four opponents we were facing.

WoL: "Not the time to talk, we must face these belligerent fools first, then we can talk." She nodded and took her battle stance as well.

Tyrian: "YOU TOO!? Well, well, looks like we'll be taking two heads for Salem's collection."

WoL: "That's not for you to decide, scorpion!" Lightning and I charged towards the Hazel and Tyrian while we easily took care of the Ursa Majors. I battled Hazel while Lightning took care of Tyrian. I rammed my shield into Hazel face before delivering two slashes and stab, which he was not able to defend from as she skidded into a tree.

Hazel: "You're good, but I think I can do better." He took out two lightning dust crystals and jammed them into his arms, making himself a walking electricity conduit. He charged recklessly at me, so I got ready with something to surprise him. As he was about to attack me, I held my shield out and a circular shield of light formed in front of it, blocking Hazel's strike. Surprised by this, Hazel tried to go for another strike, but I struck the middle of the circle, sending out a spear of light at him, which pushed him into the air. I dashed into the air as well before I threw my shield at him. He got struck in the stomach multiple times before my shield came back to, then I followed with seven strikes in rapid succession with a final eighth on to finish him off. I landed on the ground with ease, and I looked over to Lightning to see her finish Tyrian off with a cross cut by her Odin blades. By that time, we have won the battle.

Lightning: "You've improved." She walked over to me.

WoL: "So have you, and it's good to see you again Lightning." They gave each other a friendly hug before Ozpin and the Kindred Spirits arrived on scene.

Ozpin: "Lightning, it is so good to see you again." Lightning ran over to Ozpin and gave him a tight hug, but one that was not too tight.

Lightning: "It is for me too, Ozpin. We have so much to talk about."

Ozpin: "We do, now let's get you to Beacon, we have a Bullhead waiting for us as we speak." What I didn't know what that a Taijitsu was hiding in the trees waiting to strike. I readied my saber and shield before I ran towards the tree line and guarded the strike from the Grimm. I went in for a strike, but it back off the second my saber connected, so I was going to be impaled and poisoned by a lesser Grimm, how tragic, until Lamb shot three arrows from behind me and Wolf gnawed at the Taijitsu's neck, which gave me an opportunity to slice its head clean off. After that was done, I turned to Lamb and Wolf.

WoL: "Thank you, you two, I would've perished if it weren't for you." They both nodded before we decided it was time to depart from Beacon.