Silver Silk

~Emma's POV~
   I stood at the bar, waiting for Ethan as I sipped my strawberry daiquiri slowly.

"What a beautiful woman I have in my presence." I turned and looked at the black haired man leaning against the bar. His blue eyes met mine and I froze.

"May I have your name?" His speech was very polished and professional. I was intrigued.

"Can I have yours?" He cocked his brow, sucking in his lips and thinking for a moment.

"Touché. Dance with me?" He offered his hand and something inside me cause me to take it. He was captivating. The icyness of his eyes, the smirk of his lips, the crease between his brows. Everything about him drew me in.

He pulled me to the center of the floor and spun me around. I giggled and looked up at him as we swayed.

"Where are you from?" He asked.

"I'm from California. My boyfriends family lives here in New Jersey." He smiled and I noticed his eyes flick somewhere to my left.

"Is he here?" Something in me told me he already knew the answer.

"Yes. You know that already though, don't you?" A smile crept up his face and he nodded.

"Yes. I think he wants you." I followed his eyes and saw Ethan standing there, his suit jacket tightly fitted, his hair perfectly messy, his bow tie straightened, and a broad smile on his pink lips. I let go of the mystery man and walked towards Ethan. His tongue pushed at the side of his cheek as his eyes raked over me.

"Wow," he mumbled when he took my hand. Spinning me around, I gasped when he brought me close and our chests collided with a soft thud.

"I could say the same, Mr. Dolan." His eyes looked up at the ceiling, a low chuckle coming from his lips. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas played over the speakers of the house as we moved to the music, my forehead resting against his as we stared at each other. I watched as his hazel eyes went from almost black to a light brown, almost green color in the time period we danced.

"Ethan," someone called from behind us. I turned and saw his mother and father motioning for him to approach them.

"Come on," he took my hand and I followed him. His mother was dressed in a red, beaded gown and her hair was curled but down. Her lips were pale and her eyes were rimmed with black.

"You look beautiful, Mrs. Dolan," the woman waved her hand.

"Please, call me Lisa. I feel old already." We all laughed.

"So, your mother and I were going to stay here, considering we were planning on drinking." Ethan's grip tightens on my hand before moving to the small of my back.

"We could drive you home," he suggested. I noticed Sean's eyes widen slightly as Ethan cleared his throat.

"O-oh. Okay. Well, me and Emma are going to leave around 11." I looked at the huge clock on the wall. 10:45.

"Alright. Be careful driving, it's cold out there." Ethan nodded and waited for his parents to be out of sight before turning and walking towards the exit

"Wait, Ethan," I struggled to keep up with him.

"Take my coat, it's snowing out there." He said nonchalantly. I gasped, a smile forming on my lips.

"Snow?" I pulled his jacket tightly around my shoulders and pushed open the doors. Ethan gripped my hand and laughed as I looked around.

"I've never seen snow before." I mumbled as he lead us to the car.

"Jesus," he breathed out and turned the heat on full blast.

"Why do we have to leave now?" I asked as we drove home.

"That's what time all of the younger adults leave. Nash-the son of the woman I talked to-throws an after party for us every year and we are going. Did you bring something you could wear to that?" I thought for a moment.

"I'll have to look. I'm sure I did." He laughed and opened my door.

"Come on. The party starts at twelve." I grabbed his hand and walked up the stairs to his room. Setting the coat jacket on his bed, I walked to the bathroom and took all the pins and bands out of my hair, letting it fall in loose waves down my back. Ethan was standing in his blue, Calvin Klein boxers while staring at his open closet. I nudged him over with my hip and pulled out a yellow hoodie, a black and white Nike windbreaker, and some black jeans.

"Here," I handed them to him as he shook his head and smiled.

"What would I do without your fashion advice?" He kissed me and walked into the bathroom while I looked for some clothes. I saw a light blue sweatshirt of Ethan's and decided to wear that and some leggings. Ethan came out of the bathroom, sliding a black beanie on his head.

"Ready to go?" He asked before rolling his eyes at my choice of clothing.

"Nope, you aren't. Come on," he took my hand and pulled me to his sisters room. He walked to the closet and pulled out a black tank top and a black leather skirt. I stared as he pulled out a fringey pair of black heels and shook my head.

"I need a jacket, Mr. Fashionista," He smiled and pulled me back to his room.

"Here. Now hurry." He handed me a jean jacket of his and shoved me into the bathroom. I laughed and changed, walking out while shaking out my hair. Ethan's tongue pushed at the inside of his cheeks as he smiled. Blushing, I slid on the jacket and walked past him.

"Come on, googley eyes!" I called while walking down the stairs. He followed me and jumped into the car.