What Lies Beneath The Heart

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sight of illusions is the dreamland of the human world, wishing the dark evil beings are buried deep down in the core of Earth but the thread of reality cannot be broken by a faithful dream.

Same could be said for love.

Love is a heart driven by the veins of hope, beating at a constant pace while the relationship goes up and down until it flourishes or dies flat line.

The presence of a dragon into the human world was the threshold between myth and reality and you sensed your time in the shadows was over. Taking a deep breath, you spread your wings wide open, hiding Loki in the process and faced the helicopters, flashlights blinding your form while you stood motionless on the roof of Stark's Tower.

The flying machines hung over your silhouette, white flashlights targetting you with envy.

« Now, what are you going to do, darling? You can't hide me forever. » snickered Loki, crossing his arms over his chest, sheltering beneath your wing. Swiftly, you wrapped your tail around him, desperately silencing the god who rolled his eyes at your deed.

« I've known you for being more subtle in your attempts to keep me silent »

« Quiet, Loki » you telepathically said, your eyes caring a warning while you turned around and moved to the side, allowing the helicopters to fly closer to you. Their wings flapped the floor like the ticking of a clock, each seconds passing by a dreadful echo, unveiling the secret of your existence.

Peter stood next to you, eyeing the door of the roof to you frenetically, his hands unconsciously playing with your scales while Loki just looked bored at the scene. His cerulean eyes were bored with tricks and you recognised that look. Before he could attempt a deed at Peter, you deployed your wings wide enough to hide his presence, opened your mouth and swallowed him.

Yes, you read correctly, you swallowed the god of mischief, your fangs resting on his shoulders while he rolled his eyes at your gesture, he sat on your tongue and waited... patiently by stabbing you 'gently' from time to time while the Avengers finally gathered on the roof.

« You swallowed Loki? » Peter asked, completely flabbergasted, his chocolate eyes fixed on your mouth where he could see the emerald cape of the god hung.

You slowly nodded your head, worry covering your face as the small spider child stated with a trembling voice.

« Are you going to eat me too? »

You raised your wings up, shadowing the young hero from the helicopters and put your head at eye level, conveying the answer to his question. Hesitantly, his hazel eyes changed from fear to admiration and his hand patted your snout.

His fingertips traced down your scales, drawing some pattern and testing the softness of your skin until an annoyed voice echoed from your mouth :

« Make your move or I'll stab my way out your mouth, Dragon girl. » threatened annoyingly Loki.

Peter's body chuckled and he cleared his throat to hide his laugh while the Avengers arrived on the roof, Tony stepping out of his armour and Thor landing gracefully, creating a halo of sky dirt.

« Where is my brother ? » he bellowed, his storming blue eyes scanning the area while you remained quiet.

Peter slowly raised his arm and pointed at the dragon 's mouth, a small smirk playing on your lips. « So innocent and pure, » you thought. Your gaze connected with Wanda, her brown eyes locking with yours and you acknowledged her, telling her telepathically.

« I'll be back with Loki in a few hours. We need to talk. Privately. »

With that said, you spread your wings wide open and stepped closer to the edge of the building. The helicopters immediately flew a few meters away from your nightmarish form, their lights focussed on you while you let gravity take control of your flight.

Then you flapped your wings, battling the air to propulse you higher, and reaching the safety of the clouds.

The fluffy whiteness of the puffs brushed your wings and a hand stroke your scales.

« I remember this. The wilderness combined with the peacefulness of nature. » Loki stated after he teleported himself on your back.

You roared in agreement, your eyes glimpsing his emerald attire when his eyes were lost in the beauty of a flawless sky.

No darkness. No speck of shadow towering the two breathing beings.

Just you and him.

A god of mischief free from tricks with a dragon bringing him to his happiest memories. He closed his eyes and let his body relaxed, the familiar sensation reminding him of his last flight.

« The last time we flew together, I told you I was leaving, leaving for greatness and all I got was betrayal from Odin, from Thor, from Asgard. All I ever wanted was to embrace what I was raised for. Sometimes, when I think about the magnificence of Yggdrasil and all the worlds it bears, I wish I had stayed on Midgard with you. Maybe Thanos wouldn't have found me after I fell from the Bifrost.» he revealed, his cold hands dancing patterns on your crimson skin. Old patterns he used to use to soothe you after a night of lovemaking and your body instinctively reacted to his touch, warming up. You shook your head, heading to the mountain where Stephen had found you. The greenness of the forest could be seen with the icy peak of the dead volcano raising high like a tower, desperately trying to touch heaven.

«You would have left anyway, Loki. As you said before, you were raised to be a king and even a dragon cannot tame your icy heart.» you declared, started your ascent to the ground.

As the wind lashed out your face you didn't hear the god whispered:

« Maybe you did, Y/N.»

A/N: So what did you think? How was their relationship before huh?