The Last Stand

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

This is the end of the journey of the Wild Sentinel. I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.

Hope you enjoy the final chapter.

Drawings made by my talented friend madrytovaa

--------------------------------------------------------

The end was near.

At last.

The clock was ticking, the effects of the Time Stone fading in strength gradually, like the last breath of a dying man coming to the doors of death.

One last moment to shine for the last time.

The battle was the epitome of a raging storm, each attacks being dodged or blocked by the force of hope.

Time seemed to slow down as the flame faded down little by little, revealing the shape of the Mad Titan.

The heroes stood, unfallen, watching their enemy being devoured by the power of the dragon. Battling your wings, you landed not far from the scene, changing back into your human form. You walked towards the alien, your feet burying themselves in the remains of the Compound, and you grabbed the Infinity Gauntlet from the desolate ground.

''No more stones'' you muttered, licking your teeth as you could feel the burning energy of the infinite relics you had eaten.

However, a low chuckle snapped you out of your thoughts. The taste of victory started to get bitter at the sound of Thanos' chuckle.

'' A twist in the balance of the worlds, you might be the last of your kind, Dragon, but you are dying.'' the titan stated, his purplish orbs locking with yours as a smirk tugged at his burnt lips.

His armour was torn in pieces, his skin covered in marks of burnt but he still lived.

You frowned, not liking the way he was looking at you.

' Something is wrong' you said.

Looking frantically around you, you watched helplessly the world of victory vanish into a place of desolation covered with the bruised and barely alive bodies of your friends. They were stuck by the stones, forced to watch the incoming fight scene. All they could do was wait for the battle to end, hopefully with your victory. Their eyes glowed slowly, beaten, yet still alive.

A wave of burning anger made you screamed at the Mad Titan, the feeling of being tricked being immensely painful as you had lived this moment before during your love story with the god of lies. However, this time, you would fight back.

He had tricked you.

''The Reality Stone! You tricked me!'' you shouted, transforming back into your reptilian form while the titan grabbed his sword.

The last remnant of reddish smoke faded away, showing you that he had indeed used the Reality Stone on you,depicting the false reality of your victory. Yet the battle had not ended.

''You really thought it was going to be that easy? Than That pointless fire would destroy, me, the Mad Titan?'' he exclaimed darkly, ''Your heroes are nothing against me. You will die, Dragon, just like your parents. And they will watch your miserable fall."

Your eyes widened as a sting of pure fury ignited your body. You snorted at his words, shaking your head and a gold aura started to encompass you.

You closed your eyes for a second, smothering your doubtful thoughts while you took a deep breath.