chapter 1

This story starts with a series of bookshelves, but one book seemed to fly off right off and it seemed to be a holiday story called How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. It seemed to touch the floor and then opened up to a page with a snowflake and a voice began to narrate, speaking in rhyme, as it was a Dr. Seuss storybook after all with people wandering about as it was a cold December day near the dead of the season of winter.

"Inside a snowflake, like the one on your sleeve there happened a story you must see to believe," The narration began. "Way up in the mountains, in the high range of Pontoos lay the small town of Whoville: The home of the Whos. Ask any Who, And they'll have this to say: 'There is no place like Whoville around Christmas Day'. Every window was flocked, every lamppost was dressed and the Whoville band marched in their Christmasy best."

And naturally, our main group of kids were in Whoville at the time, bundled up in winter gear. There seemed to be muffled, almost Darth Vader breathing, before one of the kids pulled down his scarf to peek his head out.

"I can't breathe in this thing!" Vincent gasped as he poked his head out.

"Well, Vince, that's whatcha get for picking such a thick scarf," LJ replied. "I don't wanna catch a cold, but you don't see me cutting off my breathing!"

"I didn't pick this scarf! Grandma Elizabeth knitted it just for me!" Vincent complained.

"I guess at least it isn't that green scarf that Jenny mailed you once." Estelle said.

"That is an ascot." Vincent clarified in a Fred Jones fashion.

"Which is a scarf for women." LJ added.

"It is not!" Vincent replied. "Fred Jones from Mystery Inc wore one!"

"Yeah, that helps your case." Zofia deadpanned.

"Still a woman's scarf!" LJ added. "Look it up, it's true."

"Hmph." Vincent huffed, crossing his arms.

Akito and Estelle couldn't help but snicker to their older brother's misfortune.

"Merry Christmas!" The Whos smiled to each other. "Merry Christmas!"

"Let's see... According to this, we should go to the post office." Zofia said as she took out a paper that was given to them.

"Post office, alright," LJ replied. "Aw, c'mon, Vincey, you know I didn't mean it!"

"Whatever..." Vincent rolled his eyes. "And don't call me 'Vincey'. No one calls me 'Vincey'."

"Tigger does." Akito and Estelle retorted.

"No hard feelings, right, Vince?" LJ asked hopefully. "Look, I'm sorry, okay?"

"Hmm... I'll think about it..." Vincent replied.

"Fine..." LJ replied as they headed to the post office.

They excused themselves a bunch of times as they passed the Whos who were caught up in their Christmastime festivities.

"Man, it's as busy as the Plaza Hotel around here for the holidays." Akito commented.

"No kidding." LJ replied.

Eventually, they made it into the post office and looked around for a bit. Of course, it was busy there as it was time for the holidays.

"Arbor Day was fine, and Easter was pleasant and every Saint Fizzin's day, they ate a Fizz pheasant. But every Who knew, from their twelve toes to their snout they loved Christmas the most, without a single Who doubt." The narrator continued as they were walking along until they ran into a young girl who was with her father.