chapter 3

And so, the next day...

Cindy Lou put on her coat and got ready with her new friends as they shared breakfast to go and find someone who could tell them about the Grinch.

"Alright... So we need to find someone who knows about the Grinch's past," LJ explained. "But who would know about it?"

"I'm wondering that myself." Akito nodded in agreement.

Euchariah's grandmother was soon making sure he was nice and bundled up since it was chilly outside today, being winter and all.

"Well, there's nothing else we can do but head out and start asking around." LJ replied.

"Guys! Wait for me!" Euchariah called out as he waddled like a penguin due to how much clothes his grandmother made him wear, and he soon fell in the snow face-first. "Oh, no!"

LJ rolled his eyes, then went back and propped him up. "C'mon..."

"Grandma Mariah overdoes it every winter..." Euchariah muttered as he pulled his scarf down.

Mariah waved as her grandson went with his friends to go and begin to ask around about the Grinch.

It seemed to take a while, but they were soon told to go and see two sisters by the names of Clarnella and Rose.

"Yes, we were wondering what you could tell us about the Grinch?" LJ asked, holding a tape recorder. "What was he like before he became so mean?"

"Oh, do come inside, dears." The sisters told them, inviting the kids into the house.

"In your own words, please tell us everything you know about the Grinch," Cindy Lou said as they sat down and took off their coats. "Where did he come from?"

"Oh, well... He came the way all Who babies come from." Carnella smiled.

"That tells me nothing." LJ replied.

"LJ..." Estelle nudged before smiling. "Keep going, please?"

"On calm nights, baby Who girls and tiny Who fellas drift from the sky in their own pumbersellas." Clarnella continued happily.

"Ohh... So that's how it works." Cindy Lou commented as she had learned where babies came from.

"Mm-hmm... It was Christmas Eve and a strange wind blew that night." Clarnella nodded.

"Everyone's got their own way, I suppose..." LJ shrugged.

"You mean like Cosmo and Wanda and how Baby Poof was born from-" Vincent spoke up.

"A wish, sure," LJ replied. "Personally, I saw it as a cheap stunt to bring up the ratings. If anything, Poof was a walking plot device."

"We were having our annual holiday get-together," Carnella continued. "It was morning before anybody realized that he was out there, the poor dear, but you know what? We knew right away that he was special."

"Other than the green fur?" LJ asked.

"Yes, other than the green fur, dear." Clarnella nodded.

"Oh, he was a wonderful... Whatever he was," Rose added. "And we raised him like any other Who child with a deep love of Christmas."

"I guess he had his own way of expressing holiday cheer..." LJ commented.

"Doesn't everyone?" Rose replied.

"Yeah, I suppose that's true." Zofia had to admit.

They were now interviewing the lady from next door.