chapter 5

"Serves them right..." Lionel commented as they left.

"Hmm... Yes~..." Cherry replied. "Now, who wants a Christmas story before bed?"

Akito, Estelle, and Vincent smiled as that sounded pretty nice.

"Awesome!" LJ cheered.

"How's about the Nightmare Before Christmas?" Cherry asked.

"Ah, Mater, I think I might be too old for that story..." Zofia said, even though she loved that story as a child.

"We'll consider it if the other picks aren't as good." LJ replied.

"Come along then..." Cherry told them.

They soon walked along.

"So does Felicity exist anymore or what? I'm confused..." Vincent said. "No doubt the other people are confused not seeing Aunt Cherry with Felicity and Simon."

"Well, Felicity still exists, but Simon wasn't so lucky." Lionel explained.

"Ohh..." The Fudo siblings said, now understanding.

"Good riddance," Lionel scoffed. "The kid was a terror in the making..."

"Though he takes after my early childhood..." Cherry mumbled slightly.

"He tried to murder you." Lionel replied.

They soon came to a hotel.

"Nothing says Christmas like spending Christmas in a hotel, am I right?" Cherry commented to humor the kids.

"Yeah!" LJ cheered.

"Get your pajamas on and brush your teeth, then Mom/Aunt Cherry will tell you a story." Lionel smiled to the young ones.

And the kids did just that.

"So, what story are you gonna tell the kids, Cherry?" Lionel asked.

"I'm not sure..." Cherry replied as she brought out her scrapbook of adventures. "Maybe one of the Christmas stories I've been apart of."

"Sounds good to me." Lionel replied.

"Hmm... You pick one." Cherry smirked, holding out her scrapbook to him.

So Lionel decided to pick one at random.

Cherry took the book back and cracked it open to see his selection. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

"Ooh, good one!" LJ beamed. "Personally, I enjoyed Frosty Returns a little more than the original Frosty special, but to each their own. On with the story!"

"You guys ever meet Frosty the Snowman?" Estelle asked the adults.

"We'll get to that..." Cherry said before cracking open the book which started a mission to go to the North Pole to meet Rudolph the reindeer before he met Clarice, Hermey the Elf, and Yukon Cornelius.

"Eh, a story's a story." LJ shrugged, getting comfortable.

The others nodded as they listened to the story before they would fall asleep that night, and the story winded down.

"And eventually... That wouldn't be our only adventure with Rudolph," Cherry said as she was close to concluding the story. "We would see him again in time for New Year's to meet the new Baby New Year."

"Awesome!" LJ and Lionel beamed.

"All right, kids," Cherry said as she closed the book. "Time for bed."

"Aww!" The kids groaned slightly.

"You heard her; you hafta go to sleep or else the big man won't show." Lionel chided.