chapter 4

Mayor May Who smiled as he came to see the citizens, soaking up the glory in being their mayor. "Well, it's time for our Holiday Cheermeister of the Year award!" he then announced.

There was thunderous applause from that announcement.

"Congratulations, Mr. Grinch!" Mayor May Who then announced, but... No one came. "He isn't here... What? He didn't show? Who could have predicted this?"

"Give him a few seconds!" LJ snapped. "Ever heard of fashionably late?"

"Those children are starting to bug me." Mayor May Who gritted his teeth to his lackey, putting his hand over the microphone so that no one would hear him say that.

"Yeah, well you're no barrel of laughs yourself!" LJ snapped. "He should be here in 3... 2... 1..."

"Well, I guess the award goes to the... Runner-up..." Mayor May Who replied.

"Oh, no, you don't!" Zofia snapped.

There was then a rumble heard which made everyone look around and soon, the Grinch flew out, dressed in what appeared to be Lederhosen.

"Fashionably late!" LJ beamed... As the Grinch went flying... Straight into Martha May's bosom. "I bet he planned that."

"Makes me think of a Jessica Rabbit meeting." Zofia commented.

"Pretty sure Dad and Uncle Atticus had to dump six bags of ice in their pants to keep their cool during that situation..." LJ replied.

"No, no, Daddy would never do something like that..." Estelle replied, shaking her head in denial about her own father.

"Hey, everyone's human, kiddo," LJ replied. "It happens to the best of us."

"Hmm..." Estelle replied. "I'd like to hear the story of Cool World sometime about Miss Holli Would."

"It'll probably happen off-screen." LJ replied.

The Grinch soon looked at the Whos who seemed horrified at seeing him up close.

"They're taking this better than I thought..." LJ commented.

"Oh, yes..." Zofia replied. "It's like the public whenever Lenore the Cute Little Dead Girl wanders about."

"You mean that comic Mom and Dad like?" LJ asked. "Oh, I remember."

"I found some of Mom's old comics... Lenore seems like she would be interesting to meet..." Zofia replied, ominously.

Akito, Estelle, and Vincent seemed disturbed about a dead little girl, but they said nothing.

"Long story short, our mom likes morbid humor." LJ replied.

The Grinch looked over to everyone before letting out a quiet, "Boo."

This made the Whos panic and some of them even fainted.

"Wow..." Zofia blinked.

"Even I'm not that cowardly..." LJ snorted.

"I believe I'm here... To accept... An award of some kind..." The Grinch soon said. "And... The children... Mentioned a check."

"No, we didn't!" The kids replied.

"All right, then give me the award," The Grinch said. "Come on! While I'm young!"

"Don't you worry, Mr. Holiday Cheermiester, you'll get your award," Mr. Mayor Who told him. "But first, a little family reunion. They nursed you... They clothed you... Here they are, your old biddies!"

The Grinch grimaced. "Are you two still living?" he asked.

"We missed you!" Clarnella and Rose cooed as they coddled against the Grinch.