chapter 2

Not surprisingly, the post office was loaded with people trying to mail off Christmas gifts and cards.

"But Dad, I just don't understand something," Cindy Lou said as her father rolled around on the ladder to put items into the proper boxes. "Why won't anyone talk about the Grinch?"

"You kids an the Grinch..." Mr. Lou Who sighed as he worked. "You see, Cindy, the Grinch is a Who, who, well... Is actually not a Who. He's... He's more of a-"

"A what?" asked Cindy.

"Exactly, honey!" Mr. Lou Who replied. "He's a what who doesn't like Christmas. Take a look at his mailbox, sweetheart."

Cindy then took a look to see that it was empty and unattractive.

"Not a single Christmas card, in or out," Mr. Lou Who continued. "Ever."

"That's gotta suck." LJ commented.

"But why?" The girls asked.

"Well-" Mr. Lou Who was about to explain, but he was interrupted by impatient and frustrated customers. "Uh... I'll be right there. All right, we'll straighten this out." he then smiled nervously as he had to leave the kids alone now.

"Hello, Cindy." An elderly couple known as Josiah and Mariah, smiled.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Who," Cindy smiled back and curtsied to her best friend's grandparents. "How are Obediah and Bethiah?"

"Oh, they're doing just fine." Josiah replied.

"It's nice to see you two." Cindy smiled.

"And it's nice to see you, Cindy Lou Who, you are absolutely precious." Mariah beamed to the young Who.

LJ rolled his eyes. Cindy Lou smiled and waved to them before coming back to her new friends.

"Alright, so whaddo we have to do here?" asked LJ.

"I usually help Dad sort the mail or place presents where they need to go," Cindy Lou said. "Something weird is going on though, I don't think I've seen this happen before with mismatched presents and letters."

"Somebody is messing with the mail," LJ replied. "And I think I know who!"

"Would you mind helping me out?" Mr. Lou Who asked his daughter, handing something to her. "Take this to the back room, honey, but be careful of the sorting machine, right?"

"Yeah..." Cindy Lou replied before looking over. "Come on, guys."

And so they followed her to the back room. There were bells and alarms ringing as they came to the back room. They all looked around until they found something on the floor which looked like a mask of a Who's face, but who would need it?

"Someone who wasn't a Who!" LJ realized. "And I think it's clear who it is!"

"Totally." Akito added like a detective.

They soon heard a sneeze and someone saying 'gesundheit'. Cindy Lou soon looked up and screamed to see a green man carrying a dog as they were hiding against the wall together to avoid being seen, but they had been found out.

"Of course..." LJ smirked. "Mr. Mean Green himself."

"Hello, Jolly Mean Giant." Akito glared.

The Grinch soon dropped down, glaring back slightly while Cindy Lou looked scared to see him up close.

"The-the-the..." Cindy Lou stammered.

"The-the-the," he mocked. "THE GRINCH!"

"Oh, called it." LJ nodded.