Monsters.

Some days I find myself being driven insane. The longing I have sometimes for things that are not my own is maddening. Such as, a talent I do not posses or a place I can not be. I find these two the most common. I'm a writer with the inability to write lyrics. I love music, but cannot sing. I'm a person with so many places to go and so many places to be, but I find myself nowhere near them. I'm a child entrapped in the hands of others. I'm creative, painting beautiful pictures while watching others mix all of my colors together. But the worst of all, I'm a prisoner begging for freedom in a cage I built with my own two hands. I hold myself back from things and I can't tell you if it's simply because of lack of talent, or if it's because that's what I've convinced myself to believe. I often ask myself what there is to be afraid of, and come to no conclusion. I rationalize every fear that I have, yet I still take no chance. There's something keeping me here. But stuck in a cage, what do I have to lose? Safety? Everything that I feel in this entrapment is more raw and terrifying than anything I could face outside of it. In this cage I have built for myself, I trapped nothing else but me, myself and I. Everyday, I claw at the bars, unable to run away from myself. But afraid to run to anything else. It's because I trust it. I know what to expect each time it comes. As terrifying as it might be, it's predictable. I know what the monster looks like. I know who it is. Leaving the cage means I have to learn it all over again.