t h r e e

"There wouldn't be a sky full of stars, if we were all meant to wish on the same one,"

~

FINN's POV

I wake up to the smell of pancakes. For a second I forget where I am, then remember. Sadie. I look around and see that a part of the blanket I was using was on the floor, and the other part on the couch. I take my phone from the coffee table.

16 unread messages. 5 missed calls from Wyatt. 2 missed calls from Jaeden. Missed call from Jack. I sigh and unlock my phone.

Wyeet

Dude where are you??

Are you dead or something??

Finn??

Answer mEEEE 10:57 p.m.

Jaedoon

finNNNN where r u??

helOOOO we're gonna lock u out

finn

finn

f

I

n

n

11:00 p.m where did u gooooo??

Jacky boy

Finn tell me u died

heyyy Finn

k bye, oh and buy chips we are throwing a partayy in a few hours. 11:12 p.m.

Jesus. Better not answer them, and just tell them when I get home. I think about what happened yesterday. I have never easily opened up to someone as I did with Sadie. She was something else alright, she's different, a good different. I feel like she just understands me. Understands me in a way Millie never did. What can I say? We only dated for seven months.

Sadie, her smile, it's beautiful. It's the type of smile that's contagious, a smile that'll leave its picture in your head. When she blushes, her cheeks match her piercing red hair, making it look like as if it was on fire, and her cold blue eyes taming the flame. I smile to myself thinking about that. I place my phone back onto her coffee table and walk into her neat little kitchen.

There she was, standing in front of her counter mixing some batter. The sun was shining through the window, and there was the flame on her head, relit. I walk over to the counter and pick up a blueberry from a small bowl. She looks up from mixing her batter and says,

"Oh great! You're awake! I am making pancakes. Can you pass me that nut milk?" I smile at her and look around the counter. I hand her the milk and walk to her side of the counter.

"Nut milk?" I ask.

"Oh, I'm vegan, and I am making vegan pancakes, and that cocoa you drank yesterday? Vegan," She says, and I can't help but chuckle a little. "Trust me, I make the meanest fluffy light-weight vegan pancakes, topped off with fruit," I smile, and give her a little wink.

"You think I can help?" I ask, grabbing the bag of flour.

"Yes, definitely, if you can stop eating the blueberries," She says. I laugh and throw a bit of flower to her face. "Hey! If two can play it that way!" She grabs the bag of flour from me, and as she does, powder fills the air.