f o u r

"The sky is so tragically beautiful. A graveyard of stars."

~

SADIE'S POV

"Mmm," I moan. These pancakes are so good. I feel like they are my best work. I finish up the last piece and put my plate away.

Ding

My phone lights up, the sound echoes and vibrates on the marble kitchen counter, I dry my hands and grab my phone. A text from Finn. I lounge on my couch and read the text:

Wolfhard 🐸

Hey! We're throwing a party at my house,
maybe you might want to come? Anyway,
let me know, it starts in an hour! 6:00 p.m.

I smile at my phone, it's nice that he thought of me. He's making me feel something that I haven't felt in two years, something I haven't felt since Caleb.

Oh, God Sadie! Snap out of it! Finn is Millie's ex, Millie your best friend, it doesn't matter if Finn makes you happy the way Caleb did. All that matters is that you keep Millie from getting hurt again.

You
I'd love to go! Can I invite Millie?
Don't want her to be lonely that's
all. 6:02 p.m.

Wolfhard 🐸
Yea, you can, that is if she doesn't want to kill me 6:02 p.m.

You
Don't worry Wolfhard, she won't. 6:03 p.m.

Wolfhard 🐸
Whatever you say, see you soon? 6:03 p.m.

You
Yea, see you soon. 6:03 p.m.

I smile again and get ready for the party.

***

I walk up to Finn's front red door, butterflies strengthening up in my stomach. I just dressed simply, light make-up and a cute outfit.

I raise my hand to knock on their door, but just as I do, it opens

I raise my hand to knock on their door, but just as I do, it opens. I get a glimpse of what was inside, a lot of people I don't know, but a few that I do, few that went to my school. Two boys come rushing out the entry, one shoving my right shoulder, causing me to fall back, but before I hit the ground somebody grabs my arm and pulls me up.

"Sadie Sink, aren't you a sight for sore eyes," A very familiar voice says, and pulls me into a hug. I look up to see who it is.

"Noah?? Since when were you back in town?!?" I lightly slap his chest and hug him again taking in his scent from Seattle. "And how do you know Finn?" He pulls away from the hug and we walk inside.

"I don't know Finn, I know his friend, Jack," He says. Noah has been traveling all over the place, he was my best friend before Millie came around. We started to drift when high-school began, then he dropped out to travel and became a video blogger.

I give him another tight hug, "I've missed you so much." He hugs me back and I dig my head into his chest.

"Sadie, aren't you a sight for sore eyes," A voice says from behind, "I could see your piercing red hair from afar anywhere," I turn to see who it is, Finn.

"Funny thing Wolfhard, he said the same thing," I say, looking at Noah. He extends his hand for Finn to shake,

"Hey, I'm Noah, Jack invited me," Finn shakes his hand, then he looks at me and grins. I smile back at him, and our eyes lock for a moment. He's so dreamy, I felt myself glow of redness. His lips look so kissable right now.

Noah coughs, almost not hearing him he asks, "Soo, is this a thing? You two?" He points at us with his index and pinkie finger, and he looked a bit uncomfortable.

"W-what? Pfft. We barely officially met like two days ago," I tell him, Noah looks reassured.

"AND you let him spend the night at your house!" I see a bowl of noodles for hair walk over to us. I roll my eyes, but Finn smiles and Noah looks uncomfortable again. "Hi, hello, I'm Wyatt Oleff, and my bo-"

Finn slightly slaps Wyatt on the stomach.

"So did you, spend the night at her house?" Noah asks Finn. Finn nods, "did she make her famous pancakes?"

Finn chuckles, "Yea, they were amazing,"

Noah smirks at me, and places a hand on my shoulder. "He must be a special one. She makes her famous pancakes once in a blue moon. She's lost a lot, don't hurt her, after what happened with-"

Before he could finish my phone rang, I looked at it and it was a number that wasn't in my contacts.

I answer the call, "Hello, yes I am, oh my god, did something happen to her? Okay, okay, I-I'm on my way." I end the call, "I-I have to go."

"What? What happened?" Both Finn and Noah ask.

"Millie, she's been in an accident,"