Chapter 9

Tears prickled at Lloyd's eyes. His mom and his best friend, and apparently cousin, both laid in hospital beds in to different rooms. And one of them he blamed him self for. Maybe if he had thought before he acted like Sensei had always taught him then Kai wouldn't have been hurt. Though Lloyd was still young and his training was incomplete, his power was great. One direct blast could render you unconscious or even kill you. Thankfully Kai was only knocked out. Sadly his mother had a different fate. She was alive but hardly. The doctors told them that if they had waited any longer to get her there she would have been a goner. Even though she was alive Lloyd was still vibrating with anger. He would take Abby to the grave even if it was the last thing he did. Cousin or not.

••*••

Zane sat in the room with Kai. Only one visitor was aloud at a time. Though Zane sensed that an unwanted guest was braking that rule.

"I don't get it." Said Abby as she walked up behind Zane.

"What don't you get?" He asked her,

"I killed your father, attacked your Sensei, almost killed Lloyd's mom, and put your friend in a coma yet still you don't even show one ounce of anger." She said as she sat on the edge of the hospital bed.

"But you didn't kill Misako and Kai will be fine."

"Yes but Misako could still die and your all on my kill list so I eventually will be coming back after the rest of you."

"This is true. But why would you kill your own family." Anger flashed in Abby's eyes for a quick moment.

"I don't have a family." She hissed,

"You know you do. So why won't you let your self believe it?" She glared at him.

"Your in no position to question me. I out rank you in battle ability."

"I still don't think you would kill me."

"Shouldn't you be dead?! I shot you! Remember?!"

"Jay and Nya where able to fix me in time."

"Stupid robot." She uttered under her breath though Zane still caught it. Then the body on the bed began to move a bit. His eyes opened.

"Zane?" He questioned, "what happened. I remember that girl. Then Misako... Misako!!" He yelled as he shot up. Pain struck his chest. He put his hand on his chest and groaned. He looked up to see Abby. "You," he hissed, "you are dead!" He glared at her. She scoffed.

"Funny. Well I best be on my way. Ta ta!" She said as she used her smoke pellets and vanished.