Mourning

"Mom, please I cannot do this without you."

Percy held the lifeless body of her mother in his arms, looking at the small smile plastered in her face. She was pale and very cold, far from his usual energetic and warm mother.

Closing his eyes, Percy let his tears fall, trying to bear the extreme pain that was making him more nauseous.
He was struggling for air as he felt his chest constricting. His hands were trembling as his emotions inside mixed up.

Clenching his fist, Percy hugged his Sally's body, burying his face on her neck. Whimpers of pain escaped from his lips before he totally broke down.

"No...no...please, Mom!" He shouted in tears, caressing her mother's face. "You said you want to see me have kids, right? I'll finish college and will give my best to have an A, so please don't leave me here. Stay, please."

She was gone.

The greatest woman in his life. The one who accepted him and loved him so much despite being a trouble kid. The mother who endured to protect him even when his stepfather would beat her. The mother who would cheered her up whenever he falls and gave him the warmest love she could ever give.

His mother, Sally Jackson was gone.
Percy continued crying over his mother's body, trying to get over the fact that she was gone. But he couldn't. He can't. He had already lost so much, just to lose the most important person in his life. His safety blanket. So, he cried until he fell asleep next to his mother's body. Paul was laying in the ground, also covered in blood.

   ***
Sally was in the kitchen, wearing a blue apron and her hair was ponytailed. She was preparing for dinner, cheerfully humming as she minced the carrots. On a separate bowl was a blue mixture of dough.
Paul Blofis, her new husband entered the kitchen and gasped at the wonderful smell. "You sure are cooking a lot."

Sally looked up to him, "Percy is coming home today. I always prepare so much since he rarely visit."

Paul walked over to his wife and back hugged her, "You sure looks beautiful for a chef, my dear."

She rolled her eyes at his playfulness, "Now is not the time for cuddling. Why don't you help me? We need to make Percy's eyes twinkle in delight once this food get into his mouth."

Paul pulled out and patted her in the head. He turned to the stove and poured the blue mixture of dough in the pan. "He sure do loves blue food. I'm glad your son gave appreciates you so much. Others doesn't value their parents anymore."

Sally smiled warmly at her son's affection to her. They are so close even though Percy would hate it when she becomes very clingy. "I raised him as a moral person and filled him with my love and attention."

"No wonder my he's very humble and compassionate," Paul flipped the pancake to the other side. "I want our child to be like that too."

Sally rolled her eyes, "Look who's talking."

The conversation continued with the two assisting each other for the preparation. The long marble table was filled with food and Paul cannot help but drool at the sight of them.

"He should be here by now." Sally checked the clock and it was already past an hour from the expected time.

"I'm sure he's coming. You know your son's responsibilities and all," Paul put a hand on her shoulder. "Why don't we do something else for now?"

Sally flicked him in his forehead, "You already said his coming. Don't be conceited right now. I don't want him to arrive here seeing his parents hooking-up."