Chapter 1

Preface

Ellie Cole is a normal fourteen year old girl. She fangirls over guys who don't even know she exists. She also pretty much only sits in her room and watches Netflix. She doesn't really mind though. To her, it's the ideal life. Little does she know her world is about to change.

Ellie's POV

It's April, so that means the school year is almost over. It went by SO fast! I knew I was gonna miss all my friends but was gonna keep in touch with my best friends Natalie, Grace, and Jake. I don't know if I could ever live without them.

I usually didn't stress about school, but state testing was coming up so I was a little worried. But Natalie and I have our ways to not stress. First we chew gum. That always works. Then we listen to our favorite songs and eat our favorite comfort foods. We do this pretty much every year.

The 'comfort food time' as we called it rolled around and we couldn't wait. This year, we decided to let our friend Grace join in too. We have only known Grace for about a two years now but she was one of our best friends so we thought it would be a great idea.

We all got together at Natalie house (because she has a game room) and we all brought a sack of out favorite junk food and started studying. It usually took us about two to three hours to study, but it took four to five because we have to test on ALL the subjects.

After we all study, we just hang out and spend the night at Natalie's house. It turns out that Natalie doesn't fangirl over guys like Grace and me.. but Grace and I have our ways to get her to come around...