cheater

It's been 3 weeks since you've dumped your no good cheating fiance, Amont. The memory of it upsets you all over again. You'd spontaneously left work to visit your man of two years and have lunch with him in his office. You'd done it before, but this time you planned to surprise him with his favorite dish from a local restaurant, crab stuffed tilapia. Then, you planned to show him what your mouth could do for dessert. You'd almost danced through the sun-lit modern lobby to reach the front desk. There was a waif of a white guy, pale with white coiffed hair who you remembered from the last year's office Christmas party. When he was drunk he'd sworn he had an inner black woman and it rubbed you the wrong way. Amont didn't understand why. He thought you were being overly sensitive.

"Hey Adam, is Amont at his desk?"

He gasped, momentarily frozen due to your sudden presence.

"Y/N," he breathed, eyes darting about nervously. He almost tripped running around the desk to get to you. "What's u-" you attempted to greet as he grabbed your free hand to yank you to the elevator. He quick-pushed the button '⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️', neck craned backward to peer upward through the open concept floors to the people walking back and forth above. When the elevator came, he pushed you in and followed close behind, quick-pushing '55555'.

"You didn't have to bring me, I could've went up on my own," you said but Adam shook his head dramatically fast causing the lower half of his face to shake and pulled you from the elevator. Toward Amont's office. The blinds were closed. With a finger to his lips, Adam gestured for you to be quiet and leaned his ear against the closed door. He backed up and aggressively waved you over. Hesitantly, you pressed your ear to the door.

Nothing at first, but then you heard faint moans coming from two mouths and you understood the gag. You turned to Adam and with his fingers gripping the air for enunciation purposes, he mouthed 'Beat. His. Ass.'

When you knocked on the door, there was a frenzied stirring and you snickered to yourself. You couldn't believe it was real, you had to be on a reboot of PUNK'd. You knocked harder and the door swung open. Amont's annoyed expression turned to wide eyes and while he gaped from the surprise of your sudden visit, you strolled right past him into the office. The silver frame that held your picture was face down and across from you, was a woman with hubris in her eyes. With a smirk, she tossed her long black hair over her shoulder and looked you up and down. Your attention went back to Amont and scanned his body. Your eyes fell on his unzipped zipper. He immediately looked down and covered it.

"Babe, it's not what it looks like," he'd tried to explain, but you didn't want to hear that.

"Where is your ring," is what you'd asked coolly.

The woman across the room raised her hand, the too big ring dangling on her skinny pale finger. All you could do was snicker in disbelief. Amont crossed the room retrieving the ring, to the woman's distaste. She slapped him and stormed out of the office only stopping to scoff at you. Adam watched her retreat and re-entered the office marching right up to Amont. He grabbed and brought Amont's fingers to his nose and pursed his lips shooting a knowing glance. Amont snatched his hand back refocusing on you.

"It's not what you're thinking. She was trying on the ring. We were talking about wedding vows and.. You came by. That's all. I know it looks bad."

"Talking must've changed its definition. I need a guy to talk to me like that," Adam muttered.

"Do you think I'm stupid," your voice raised and you felt your composure slipping. You were shaking. "Two years. Two years, Amont! We're about to get married and you pull this shit now? REALLY? HELLO?" You shoved him and his head lowered.