charged

"You are noottt," you lull, rolling your eyes at your nuggets. You feel your face heating. Your irratic heart fights with your logic for control over your reaction and your next response, but they share a mutual hope.

Please be true..

"You mean to tell me you don't feel the same way, not even a little bit..," his eyes remind you of the clean air after a storm, a soul-soothing haze that managed to put you at ease and somehow excite you all at once. His words were the storm, a lightening strike to be specific. This man was a whole mood and you felt that shit all through you.

"I feel... charged," you smirk inwardly. "Like when I'm with you, the sky is the limit and there are no borders. We could do anything or be anyone. I can be my true self. I haven't felt this... free in... I don't- Actually, I don't think I have ever have felt this free," you stare at your straw and it beckons you to take a sip, "I don't want to lose this feeling."

Or you..

"Then you won't," he says simply, "The thing that keeps life monotonous is having all the answers mapped out. It's good to have a plan, but some deviations will take you further than your plans. Like with me for example.."

Your eyes excuse him and his hand raises, "Hold up.. before you get your ass whooped in this McDonald's.. I'm actually talking about me. My original plan for tonight was to perform, smash some lil groupie, and crash," his eyebrows raise, "...well actually I stuck to that pretty well. I ain't gon' cap." You kick him under the table halting his self-congratulatory tangent and he laughs into the back of his hand before collecting himself.

"Nah, but I had plans," his soft eyes drift to your 4 nuggets left in their carton. Sixteen of their siblings are in your stomach. He steals one popping it into his mouth, "I'm a tell you about it in the car." He doesn't have to tell you twice. You collect what's left of your nuggets and carry them with you.

"Gimme one," he says once you're on the road again and his mouth opens in wait. You put a nugget to his face and raise it to his nose. His mouth follows your hand until you finally shove the nugget in. You were practicing for tomorrow's role reversal.

But tonight he was being transparent, telling you anything you wanted to know, within reason. You needed to take advantage of that.

"So your plans.. what were they?"

"Revenge."

Your head tilts and you give him his signature questioning stare.

"My family's situation is uh.. complex," he pauses, "My father was murdered by one uncle and betrayed by another. I killed one, but the other died. I tried to kill my cousin after that. I threw him off a waterfall and tried to steal weapons and shit, but the bitch came back and it ain't work out like that. We fought, he could have killed me, but he didn't. When I regained consciousness I was fully healed and my family apologized. I didn't think I cared about some weak ass apology, but it mattered. I'm still angry, but I know it wasn't their fault. They wanted me to stay.. there.. but I left and went back to Oakland. I started writing. Someone said, yo E, you should start making music. So I did. Now I'm here.. in this car with you," he glances over at your wide-eyed expression and you suck in your lips forming a straight line.

"Too much information," he smiles nervously.

You regain your voice, but your mind is still actively firing warnings to any part of you that will listen. You choose to ignore them all. "Not too much. Don't do that-You dropped a FEW bombs on me just then, I just need to process," you pull your expression into something neutral, "where did all the other scars come from?"