Chapter VII- Erin

A/N- Hey, thank you for reading this so far! I just wanted to acknowledge y'all for reading this. Also, sorry for not being active till today, I'm actually writing the book on paper, and I'm almost finished. I'm sort of editing it while putting it on Wattpad. So, thank you, feel free to leave comments, and it makes me really happy when you vote for Minerva. I promise to update more often!

-Sarinaxoxo

I shiver in the corner of the cave, which, in itself, is too good to be true. Lilly quietly steps towards me. I sit up, and the smell of smoke drifts towards my nose.

"I-I got a fire going." She says shakily. I smile weakly and stand up, letting Lilly guide me to the fire. I sit as close as I dare, sucking up as much of the fires warmth as possible. Lilly opens her bag, then pauses.

"Should I eat?" She asks hesitantly.

"Yeah, can you get something out of my bag?" I yawn. She gets up, and when she gets back, she puts something in my hand, which is either an orange or an apple. Probably the latter. I take a bite, and am relieved to find I didn't bite into an orange, but a red apple. I savour the sweet juices , but before long, all I can taste is bitter smoke.

"I'm going to bed." I yawn as I throw the apple in the fire. Lilly coughs.

"Good idea." She replies. "I've made a bed for you, I'll take you there."

I let Lilly guide me to her makeshift bed. I lay down, and realise she brought pillows and blankets.

"Smart." I yawn, and go to sleep.

"Erin!" Someone calls. I sit up abruptly, then remember where I am and relax.

"Morning, Lilly." I yawn. I get up and find my backpack, then put it over my shoulders. Lilly starts to open hers, then remembers we're saving food and closes it.

"Come on, we need to find Jacque!" She calls. I head off in the direction of her voice, and then hear a high pitched scream.

"Erin!" Lilly squeals, and her voice echoes around in the darkness.