Chapter VIII- Lilly

I scream Erin's name loudly, hoping she can locate me by sound. A strong hand closes over my mouth, and I bite down hard and taste the metallic tang of blood. The person pulls back in shock, and curses and I scream again. I feel a sharp pain in my head, and then then the world fades to black.

I open my eyes in.... A building? It sure looks like it. Urgh, my head is throbbing. I close my eyes again, but it doesn't help at all, so I open them to the room. The walls are a pale cream, and the curtains are made of some heavy black fur. The floor is made out of a pale blue scaly thing, and there is a blue cat with with blue eyes staring at me. It must be a statue, there's no cats with blue fur. The statue walks out of the room. I don't think it's a statue. Then two odd people walk in. They both have vibrant blue hair like Jacque's tips, and golden eyes. Their skin is tanned, and they are wearing odd clothing. The girl is wearing a dress that looks like it's made out of snake skin or something, that is a few shades darker than her hair. Her hair is very curly, but not wild, probably, styled. She looks 13 or so.

The boy, however, is wearing a black fur singlet and deep green knee height shorts, that look like the same material as the dress and floor, except his is less shiny. He looks 11 or so. I sit up and wince as a sharp pain hit my head.

"See, I told you knocking her out was a mistake!" The boy told the girl.

"Whatever, Kiel. What was I supposed to do? Let her scream after she already bit you?" She retorts.

"Maria, the poor girl-" he starts

"Is right here." She cuts him short. This gets his attention. He walks up to me quietly.

"You okay? You got a pretty nasty cut from that lump of coal." He remarks. I nod.

"What's your name?" He asks quietly.

"L-L-Lilly." I stammer.

"Well, L-L-Lilly, I'm Kiel, and this is my bossy sister, Maria." He laughs. I giggle and sob at the same time. His golden eyes twinkle.

"You have a pretty nasty bite, Lilly." He remarks softly, holding out his hand to show me. I look at the bite and the memories come back, why I'm here, and who I left behind.

"Erin! She-I-I left-She's blind!" I choke out between sobs. Kiel sits on the bed and strokes my hair out of my face, which is no longer in tight pigtails, but in a ragged mess of black hair. He murmurs reassuringly to me. After I stop sobbing, he looks at me and strokes one last bit of hair out of my eyes. His golden eyes search mine for a few seconds.

"Hey. Calm down. You okay for me to leave now, Lilly?" He asks gently. I nod because I'm too exhausted to do anything else.

"Get some sleep. Okay?" He whispers, and I lay down in the bed. As he leaves the room, he takes one last look at me and leaves. I turn and fall asleep in the warm bed they layer for me, thinking about their golden eyes and blue hair, and how attractive they really are, once you get past the oddness.

"Night." I whisper as I fall asleep.