Undeniable

Bakugou was released two days after Mineta and Midoriya the day after. Naturally they missed a few schooldays and had some work to catch up to. Uraraka and Iida were visiting them, well they were visiting Midoriya, but Bakugou was in the same room, so lets say they visited them both. They gave them heads up for what they missed and copied papers. That meant the amount of work wasn't really big. The more annoying thing was that they missed out on the trial of infiltration. It was a task which gave a lot of credits, like all the foundational skills of heroics did. Since it was a task for pairs the teachers decided to do the trial during Midoriyas and Bakugous hospital stay. That way, they would be able to redo the task.

That's why they found themselves near a test area together with Aizawa and a few classmates who decided to watch. Iida and Uraraka were no surprise, as were Asui and Kirishima. Todoroki and Tokoyami came as well, and totally unexpected, so did Mineta. As far as Bakugou knew wasn't Midoriya on any especially good terms with him, but he could be wrong.

"Okay, the trial of infiltration. There are times were heroes have to accomplish something without a battle or, to be more precise, without anyone noticing at all. Resembling the trial of battle, you will go into a building with enemies inside. This time though, any confrontation means you lose. The enemies in this case are robots, just pretend they are humans. You've got 45 minutes to locate the key item and get out with it without being seen", Aizawa sighed. Apparently annoyed to had to give such a long explanation.

With that the two boys found themselves a bit further away from the building they had to infiltrate. Both of them having the layout of the building in hand studying the architecture of it.

"Ts, can't we just bust in?", Bakugou asked rhetorically. Midoriya gave a little chuckle to that.

"Well, both our quirks are definitely more suited for that, but unfortunately we can't", the smaller boy was looking at the plan.

"Aizawa said, we only have to worry about the inside so it doesn't matter how we approach the building. Bursting through the front door is probably not a good idea, though", Midoriya went on laughing a bit again.

Bakugou liked the sound of him laughing. Thinking about that he really was glad they were on such friendly terms again. It were small things, things a lot of people probably wouldn't think about, but it meant a lot for Bakugou. Talking casually about random topics, to be able to laugh about random things and just being near each other without a specific reason. Yes, he definitely was glad he was able to call Midoriya a friend again, that was more than enough.

"Okay, the time starts as soon as you enter the building, so get on it", they heard Aizawa.

"Alright, there are only two entries, I guess the back entry is a given, right?", Midoriya suggested. Bakugou agreed and both of them went to the building. They entered silently and looked carefully around. They made some signs up beforehand and decided that splitting up would be a bad idea.

They carefully avoided the patrolling robots and went up the building, floor after floor. At the third floor they were a bit in a pinch. Robots were coming from both sides and the only way out of that was through hiding. They quickly went into a small room and hided in the close space between the wall and some cardboard boxes. They could still here the robots, so they knew how long they had to hide.

Bakugou could feel Midoriya against his back again and was reminded of the trial of confrontation. Back then he wished to feel the closeness a bit longer and as it seemed that wish was going to get fulfilled. None of them were saying anything, they just waited it out. With nothing to avert his attention, Bakugou could enjoy the warmth of Midoriyas body. He liked to think that Deku wouldn't get that close if he had partnered up with someone else, but Bakugou knew that wasn't the case. Nonetheless he enjoyed it. Midoriya leaned a bit forwards and Bakugou could feel his breath on his neck. Only than he realized how close they really were.