A chance in sight

His mind was in a state of peace again. He knew that basically nothing had changed, he still had his one-sided love for Midoriya, he still thought about the two of them together and he will still feel the warmth when he's near him, but knowing what he actually wanted was an enormous step forward. He could see his thoughts in a different light, not as something he had to avoid but more like a visualization of his wants.

The ultimate goal was to bring Deku to fall in love with him as well, but that would be the best possible outcome and Bakugou wasn't so naive as to think that it will happen just because he tried hard enough. He knew from his own experiences that you can't just change your own sexuality. That meant, if Midoriya had no interest in other guys at all, than there was no way he suddenly will.

So his main goal was to be able to confess without feeling horrible about it. That included different things, mainly he didn't wanted Midoriya to hate him afterwards. Therefore he had to made sure how Deku thought about the topic in general. And it would be even better if he still considered him a close friend afterwards as well. The premise for that was, that he thought of Bakugou as a close friend before confessing.

That brought forth his current goal, getting as close to Midoriya as for the time possible. And that was also the point at which Bakugou was kinder stuck at the moment. How was he supposed to do that? What was even considered close and a good friend. It's not like there was some kind of parameter where you could read off your current state of friendship.
Bakugou had friends in the past, too. In hindsight though, they were more like acquaintances. Classmates he was more or less able to tolerate, and therefore hang out with them some times. He never really did anything specific with them, visited their houses or invited them to his. There was a reason after all that his mother was so happy to see him bringing Midoriya over.

We're friends, though. Bakugou knew this for a fact, and he did felt closer to Midoriya than he felt to any of his old classmates. However, when he thought about Midoriya and his other friends, Uraraka and Iida especially, he frowned. There was no way he was as close to the boy as those two were.

The icefreak and the asscrow are also pretty close to him. Bakugou knew already that Midoriya was quite good with people, despite his problems in middle school.

How exactly became they friends? Bakugou tried to remember something, but he couldn't think of any specifics. Before he knew it, Midoriya was already surrounded by them.

Then how the fuck am I supposed to get closer to him? Bakugou tried all his life to get away from Deku, to suddenly change directions completely wasn't so simple.

When he arrived at his classroom, Deku was talking with Iida and Todoroki. Uraraka wasn't there yet, otherwise she would be around Deku as well. Bakugou was annoyed at the two pests around Midoriya, but he thought that maybe observing them would prove helpful.
He walked to the table behind his own and greeted the group, well he greeted Midoriya but they didn't needed to know that.

"Hey", he simply said with his face in his typical grimace. A sign that he was actually in a good mood. Todoroki offered a small nod and looked at him with some disdain.

Yeah, fuck off. The feeling's mutual twoface. From all of Midoriyas closer friends, he could stand Todoroki the least.

"Good morning, Bakugou", Iida offered with his annoying stuck up personality and waving hands. Bakugou didn't liked him either, but he was mostly irritating than anything else.

"Kachan!", Midoriya smiled, "good morning", maybe it was Bakugous wishful thinking and he didn't sounded as happy as he thought, but that didn't changed the fact that Midoriyas greetings were the only ones he actually cared about. That was also the reason why his face softened a bit at the look of Dekus face. It wasn't a notable change and Bakugou was sure no one actually noticed or cared, for that matter.