Under the moon

It was a calm and starry night. A light breeze, a bit chilly but not cold. Surrounded by hills and forests, were two boys sitting in a hot spring looking at each other. In this serene moment one of them had just confessed his love to the other.

FUUUUUUCK, WHAT HAVE I DONE!? I just fucking confessed! I didn't mean to do it! I wanted to eventually, but not fucking now! What is he thinking? What am I doing?! I just confessed, I fucking confessed, I fucking confessed! Bakugou felt himself sweating and he was sure he could make explosions under water by now, but that wouldn't take a good ending. Not that anything he would do could be worse than what he just did.

His plan was simple. Get closer to Midoriya, become good friends with Midoriya, find out how Midoriya thinks about gay couples in general and than, when a good moment arrives, confess to Midoriya. Instead he confessed to him while sitting next to him naked in a hot spring without any preparations.

That Bakugou was red would be an understatement. Midoriya was just looking at him and despite Bakugous confrontational behavior, all he wanted to do right now was running away.

His mind was operating at full stretch. He was thinking about what led to his confession, why he hadn't said something different, why Midoriya was not saying anything, what Midoriya might be thinking, and why he must have confessed while sitting naked next to the target of his affection.

"Kacchan", Midoriya said after a few seconds, what felt like an eternity for Bakugou, "do you mean it?", Midoriya didn't looked like he didn't believed him, more like he was perplexed and confused.

For Bakugou was this question a possibility to deny everything. He could just say it was a joke because Deku was so serious.

He wouldn't believe me, and it would fucking destroy any future chances. Shit, I've started it now I'm seeing through it. It sounded way easier in Bakugous head than it was actually to talk about it. He gulped and his face hadn't lost any color at all.

"Ah, yes ... I do", he said calmly, afraid of Midoriyas reaction. He wasn't disgusted at his initial confession, but perhaps his confusion was just stronger at that moment.

Midoriya was lowering his gaze, therefore stopped looking at Bakugou. Panic and relief were flooding through Bakugous body. He didn't knew what his averting eyes meant and he imagined the worse. On the other hand some pressure from the constant eye contact was gone and Bakugou had at least one worry lifted.

"Why?", Midoriya said calmly, "All of a sudden? I mean, you are nice and a good friend again since high school started. I don't know why, though. All these years you had treated me like I'm utterly use -and worthless and now that we're in high school you declare your love for me? Just because I got a quirk? Is that all you see in people? Their quirks?", with that he looked up at Bakugou again. His eyes of confusion were gone, in there places stead was anger and pain. Mostly pain.

Bakugous eyes widened, not exactly surprised at Dekus words but shocked nonetheless. Even back when Bakugou was still bullying him, Midoriya never looked this hurt. Afraid, yes and insecure, too, but never like this. Like he was hurt by Bakugous behavior. Seeing him like this now remembered him what he had done, what his faults were. The guilt was unbearable and if he could he would take all of it back. Every insult, every punch and kick, even every second he had ignored Midoriya. He would do everything to make him happy to take at least some of those miserable years of his mind.

Fuck, I fucked so up, I fucked up all the time, I fucked up his life. Fuck! I have to get at least this right. Bakugou needed to clear up Midoriyas misconception. And if he wanted to hate him for it than it would be his good rights. After all Bakugou was the one at fault, definitely not Deku.