chapter 4 : Friend or Foe

The room was silent ....tension was heavy within everyone inside the room . "I guess i have some answering  to do " Adrian replied in a calm voice while leaning against a wall in the corner of Louise's room . Louise huffed taking a seat in her bed . "What does Saito means that you are "supervillain" .. what does it means ??" , she asked giving Adrian a questionable look . "It means he is plain evil !!! " saito quipped in between the conversation . "I saw him on news once , he destroyed an entire building and endangered the lives of many innocent people !!! " saito screamed pointing at Adrian. "Listen kid ......until and unless you have been on somebody else's shoes , don't  blame them ." Adrian said with a stone serious expression , Saito visibly flinched . "Do you think I enjoy doing this ?? , " Adrian said.  "What is a supervillain......just what are you ?? " louise said gazing at Adrian . Adrian looked towards her , he saw the hint of fear in her eyes ....the fear of the unknown .

"Saito....." Adrian said with a sigh , "tell her everything about our world ......everything " he said . Saito looked at him with a surprised look , and closed his eyes . "Allright ...." he said in a low voice . Saito then started to tell Louise everything about there world ...... Louise was fascinated to say the least , she couldn't believe it.  A world where there was no magic, no social discrimination on the bases of one's birth . She was amazed to hear about these individuals called "superheroes " individuals with unique powers.....powers which can even make the most powerful mage look weak. She was shocked to hear about these Aliens ... beings from other worlds , mutants ..beings who possess unfathomable powers and other things.  "Amazing ....." she said when Saito finished his description of his and Adrian's world . Louise was awestruck....her eyes where wide as platters  . "Now you know about where I come from " the gruff voice of  Adrian brought her back to reality . "I-i ...." she stammered she didn't had a word to describe everything that she had heard . "It's okay kid relax " Adrian said . "Now I'll tell you my story ..." Adrian said moving away from the wall on which he was leaning and walking near the window on Louise's room , he sat near the window on a mat . Saito and Louise patiently waited for him to begin his story . "Before i became the vulture I was a just a regular man a scientist and co founder of "Toomes & bestmann" ...Adrian started with a sigh , "business was great and I fell in love with a certain woman and got married " . Saito and louise both saw the pained and sad expression on Adrian's face.  "But soon as ill fate had has . ... bestmann died , he committed suicide because the company went to massive loss ... " Adrian continued . "It was because of the stark industries " .

"Wait !! The stark industries , owned by Tony Stark  the iron man?? !! " saito interrupted with an excited face . "Yes ..... now would you please stop interrupting me and have a seat " Adrian said with a glare . "S-sorry ..." saito visibly flinched . "Now as i
Was saying , after bestmann's death I became the owner of  "Toomes and bestmann " and renamed it to "bestmann salvage " in the honour of my only friend . Adrian continued with a pained expression.  "I'm sorry ..... for you're loss Adrian " Louise said . "It's okay kid ...." "I always despised the heroes they never came to help me when I needed help..." Adrian said with a bitter voice  , "soon my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl..." Adrian said, his face held a soft smile , saito felt a bit touched by his show of affection for his family . "I had a great life with a family ......" Adrian  said  before his expression darkened . "You must have noticed the keyword "had" yes , no happy endings for my story ......" he said  , both louise and saito widened there eyes at this grim remark . "One day I took my family on a trip .....that's when disaster struck ...." .  "We where caught  in the middle of an accident and .......my wife passed  away " he said glumly . Louise and Saito where speechless they never considered that Adrian had to go through such hardships "After her death I.... lost all sense of me " Adrian said in a spiteful manner "I... I transformed bestmann salvage into an illegal organisation which created powerful weapons to be sold " he finished . "Then one day it happened ...... the chitauri invasion "