CHAPTER TWO - I HAVE A STRANGE CONNECTION WITH A HORSE

It turns out, Chiron is a centaur, half horse half white stallion. Chiron is also the manly voice.

Annabeth is Percy's girlfriend, daughter of Athena.

Piper is Annabeth's friend a couple years younger, daughter of Aphrodite.

Percy is the son of Poseidon.

Weirdly, when Chiron was explaining this, something sparked in me when he said Poseidon. Like, not a good feeling. Something like, longing, hate, and something else that I can't quite name.

Before I do anything Percy takes me to the stables. He shows me his horse, Blackjack, Blackjack's mate, Midnight, and their daughter, Nightshade. Apparently Nightshade was named after someone who died long ago.

I walk up to Blackjack and start petting him. A little lower, girlie. I jump back in surprise. Was that Blackjack in my head?

"What? What is it?" Percy asks. He looks concerned, but also afraid.

I pointed to Blackjack. "He... he... he spoke. In my head."

"Mm." Percy looks at me like he's been through what I have.

I'm afraid not. Nightshade says.

What do you mean? I ask her.

You'll know, when you know. She answers.

Not helping!

Next Percy takes me back to the Big House (Where Chiron and Mr.D (the camp director) live).

Chiron asks Percy, "Is it what we thought?"

"Afraid so. Well not afraid but... you know what I mean." Percy replies.

"Well before we know completely she has to be claimed." Chiron adds.

"Right. But who know how long that'll take, I mean the only reason-" Percy stops and stares at something above my head. I look, and Chiron is staring too.

"What? What is it?" I ask. Mr.D looks up from his game of cards.

"Ahem. All hail this girl, daughter of Poseidon."