2018 - The Beginning Before the Start -

I was officially Cybele Randall, I was also officially a Doctor, so you could say that life was looking up metaphorically thinking. We were in Scotland for our Honeymoon, a odd place I know but I was married to a historian whose ancestors fought and died here.
Inverness, the Scottish Highlands was a gorgeous city that was rich with history. It's buildings still had that old sense to them that made you look upon their buildings with awe. 
We were walking back to our hotel after spending a the afternoon with one of Baileys historian associates. I didn't mind though, I appreciated history in high school and found myself getting lost in the stories of his ancestors.
I listened as Bailey talked about his ancestor Jonathan Wolverton Randall who died in the Battle of Culloden, Mary Hawkins his wife, and Charles Stuart.
'I will set an alarm so we can watch the 'witches' at Craigh na Dun early morning tomorrow, how about that?' He wiggles his eyebrows at the word 'witches' and I laughed.
We spent the rest of our evening, eating food, and doing what every newly weds do on their holiday before drifting off to sleep.

The next morning we were up before the sun, dressed in jeans and jackets in the car on the way to Craigh na Dun. The stones are well know around the world for Paigen rituals, they stood high on the hill and held a essence of eerie dominance overlooking the fields of green and Inverness.
We climbed the hill slipping on dew that rested on the green grass that my horses home in England would love to devour. We hid behind a bush, my knees moist, and waited for the witches.
I was about to talk when I heard a footsteps, multiple ones towards the stones through the mist, I shut up quickly. I watched as the girls formed places throughout the stones, lights of oil lamps flickering making shadows dance across the stones.
Then an angelic sound escaped the girls mouths, that sent shivers down my spine , then they danced. In circles, leaping and twisting around the stones their white dresses gliding over the soft wind.
It was over quite fast, but I was mesmerised, I hadn't blinked until the melody came to slow stop and the women of all ages came to a halt. The girls drifted off down the hill gossiping to each other about everyday things.
We crept out of the bushes once their voices faded out and bounded over towards the stones. As Bailey looked over the stones intensely he started talking;
'As I was walking home last night I ran into a Scotsman, dressed in a kilt and side hate, it was quite odd really.'
'How is that odd? We're in Scotland.' I laugh.
'He was looking up into your window.' I looked at him. 'I could see you clearly, brushing your hair and applying your night cream.' He touched my blonde pony tail that rested over my right shoulder. 'I walked up to him and asked him if I could help him, he turned and gave me a look so fierce before barging last. The weird thing was I didn't feel it, and the breeze didn't rustle his clothing either.' He pauses before looking up at me, forgetting my hair.
'Perhaps all the superstition of ghosts being in the walls of Scotland are getting to your head.' I laughed as Bailey studied the stone intently.
I looked at the biggest stone studied it from the top down, before my eyes rested on the flowers at its root. I went to pick one of the vibrant yellow flowers before Bailey grabbed my arm, a finger to his lip indicating someone was coming and pulled me down the hill giggling.

Bailey had already left for further study with the professor and he won't be back until late this afternoon so I decided to go back for that flower at Craigh na Dun. I studied natural medicine and the history of medicine, so naturally plants always catch my attention. 
I drove our car up the road to the stones after lunch, before parking it along side the road. I gathered my yellow button up dress that came mid shin and made my way up the hill.
Once at the top I made my way around the rocks which toward over me, the green grass tickling my naked toes that poked out of my sandals. I bent over the flowers to pick one when I heard the noise.
It sounded like a bee hive, yet it was louder, it drowned out all the other sounds around me. It was coming from the middle stone, the longest one.
Curiosity got the better of me as I walked towards the stone, the sound mesmerised me, I lost control of my body as I was drawn to the sound, to the rock.
I believe my only aim was to put my ear against the rock to hear, my minds eye watched as both hands rested against the stone but that was it as my world went black.