𝟐𝟎𝐊 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭

Authors note

*update just realised I hit 21k, SO THANK YOU*

Thank you for 20K I never expected this book to reach that amount of views. This book was the first book I've ever completed and I learned a lot from writing it. So to commemorate 20k, I decided to write a one shot. So I hope you all like it!

Italics are memories

ØØØØ

The day of Pietros funeral.

AMBER MAXIMOFF. The girl who tried hide her pain from the world. The girl whose childhood was stripped away. The girl whose brother she couldn't save.

It was the day of his funeral. It was sunny and bright exactly what he would've wanted. Amber knew that. Steve had already come to her door knocking asking if she was coming. He got no response.

Wanda was steering clear of Amber and that was obvious, but Amber was glad she was. She couldn't look at Wanda without getting a glimpse of Pietro. She couldn't do it.

She couldn't get dressed without recalling an old memory featuring him. She couldn't eat without remembering that it was his favourite food. It seemed like she couldn't live, because she took that away from him.

Amber stood up shakily and looked into the bathroom mirror. Her eyes were red and puffy, her hair was tangled and unkept. Her face was sunken and black bags lay under her eyes. The girl had lost a huge amount of weight and her bones were quite visable.

She looked above her right shoulder and choked back a sob. Pietro was in the reflection behind her a hand on her shoulder.

Pietro.

The little boy who comforted her when she their parents died. The boy who bandaged her wounds when she fell. The boy who worked mercilessly to earn money for them to eat and have shelter. The boy who helped her through Hydras process.

Was gone.

Because of her.

Amber felt tears trickling down her face, and without a second thought she brought her fist towards the mirror, smashing it to pieces. As fragments fell to the floor, Amber stared straight into the broken mirror and flashed back to a few years prior.

A 10 year old Amber Maximoff smashed the only small mirror they owned, that Wanda kept exclusively in her small corner of the house. She could feel her anger bubbling out of her as the pieces fell to the floor.

Pietro rushed into the small house and kneeled in front of her, "Little one what happened?" He asked soothingly,

"Nobody likes me" She sniffled, "At school, they call me freak. They make fun of you and Wanda",

Pietro ran a hand through her hair. He knew there was something she wasn't telling him, call it brotherly instinct.

"What's that?" Pietro asked, tracing his finger along a dark blue bruise on her cheek.

"Alina from school, she was hurting m-my friend so I told her to leave Ana a-alone and she pushed me and made fu-fun of me" Amber whimpered, now sobbing on Pietros shoulder.