Turtle's shell

How did Adrien know about Alya? No one else did. I hadn't told anyone, nor had her family. That was the first thing that sparked the chain of memories to come back. By the time I was talking to Mari, I remembered everything. I remembered how Alya loved me too much to fight back, and how I didn't care, how I hurt her, with my words and my actions. How all of it, how Alya being in hospital, was all my fault. I know how hard my shell can be, but this was just too much, even for me, I was cracking under the weight of it all. Something had to change. Alya was right about Adrien being Chat, and she was right about Hawk Moth being Gabriel; so maybe, just maybe, she was right about Ladybug being Mari. I don't know how she knew, but I had to trust her, I owe her that much. When I told Mari that I knew she was Ladybug, her reaction was...surprising. She was sad and angry,  but not at me, it was like she was angry at herself. I don't understand any of it, maybe she was disappointed at herself for losing the mask, the title. Maybe she didn't understand that how other people saw her wasn't her, or maybe she thought that she isn't the same person as ladybug? I mean, I have a kwami so I know they give us certain things, like the mask and costume as well as heightened abilities and enhanced senses in some cases.

I looked up and realised that I was at the hospital. I went around a wall and de-transformed. Wayzz looked at me with concern on his face.

"Nino? Are you sure about this? Her family might be in there." He said gesturing to the hospital.
"No, I'm not sure. I know that her mum and dad are at work, her little sisters are at school and her big sister is training. So if I am ever going to go to her, it's now."
My Kwami nodded, and without another word, he disappeared into my bag.
I took a deep breath, steadied myself and walked through the hospital doors.
I didn't need to ask for directions, I remembered where she was, where I left her. It was hard to forget. I had been going over in my head what I should have done instead of just leaving her here. I hated the white walls and the bright lights, I felt so exposed, like everyone was accusing me with every glance they shot my way. 
I walked past doors and strolled through corridors. I walked faster and faster as I approached, not being able to stand the suspense of not knowing. Before I realised it, I was running , running as fast as I could, like I was running for my life. I approached the ward, then I strained my ears to hear the sound of the monitor beeping. I found nothing. Sprinting, I ran into her room. Only to find the bed empty, the bed made and tucked in, all her possessions gone. Well,everything apart from a gold chain necklace with a fox tail on the end that was laying on her pillow. With a heavy thud, I sat on the bed, clutching the necklace to my chest. 

Just then a nurse walked in.

"Excuse me young Sir, you should be in here."

Still holding the necklace, I whispered under my breath to the floor, my eyes empty.

"Where is she?"

"Pardon?"

Angry tears starting to spill over my eyes I spoke again. The same expression on my face but my tone harsher and my voice louder.

"Where is she?!"

A sad look fell upon the nurses face, a look of pity.

"Oh," was all she said.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'OH'?!" I yelled, all my emotions spilling out.

"You're Nino Lahiffe, they told me you would come. I'm sorry."

"NO!"

I shook my head and stood up, my hands balled into fists. I approached the nurse and she took a step backwards.

"I'm sorry, you need to calm down before..."

"BEFORE WHAT? BEFORE I GET AKUMATIZED? IT DOESN'T MATTER NOW! NOTHING DOES!"

Just as I finished that sentence a black and purple butterfly flew in through the window. 

"Nothing does." I repeated, this time in a whisper.

I fell to the ground, the akuma flew into Alya's necklace and I was engulfed in a purplish black mass. I didn't feel fear, or panic, I just felt, strangely calm... at peace even. I had tried to hide my emotions, keep my feelings in check. Feeling was dangerous in a city like this, you can't feel too sad, angry, jealous or anything that's negative, but life isn't like that, these are good times that, more often then not, outweigh the good. And these where one of those times, for everyone, not just me. Letting my emotions run free for once felt good, it felt good to just let it all out, but there are consequences for letting things go free, and I guess that this is one of them.

Hawk Moths voice rang through my head as I could dimly hear the nurse calling security.

"You're back. Twice in twenty four hours, this must be a record or something."

"Skip the formalities, Hawk Moth. You and I both want something."

"I knew I liked you." He paused for a second, "I grant you new powers, you can now use Rena Rouges Illusion as well as your multiple shields..."

"...I know, you want Ladybugs miraculous."

"Yes, I have Chat Noirs and I also have Ladybugs Kwami, just get me the earings. Get me Marinett's earrings. I need you to work with Chat Noir, hes useless and lazy but the damage he can bring is...quite something."

"Yeah, yeah. I got it. But how is this going to bring back Alya?"

"I will let you use the wish power after I finished."

"Well then, lets get on with this. Wheres Mr Whiskers?"

"Agreste Mansion."

Then the mask vanished. It was weird. I had been akumatized before but then it was like someone else was controlling me. But now, I was in control, I wanted to do whatever it took to get her back, even if it meant hurting my friends.