24:The Road Towards Romance

~HELENA POV~

After I nearly died last Friday night, Blake drove me home together with Raymond.

Because apparently, Raymond did not have the energy left to drive his car. Jia went home with Emma. And Blake offered himself to drive me and Raymond because when they both went to the club that night, they decided to only use one car, which is Raymond's, and Blake's car is parked at our home.

I did not even bother to ask Raymond what happened to the poor guy. Because Jia already texted me that some people at the club had already stopped the fight.

Which is why Blake told me to hurry up and pay for the chocolate chips because he wanted to take Raymond and me back home.

Clearly, staying up late at the club and getting involved in a fight when you have a football practice tomorrow is not a good idea at all.

So as a team's captain, well.. captain my ass...

As a captain, as he claimed to be, Blake wanted to make sure that Raymond could have a nice little nap for their football practice tomorrow.

And, that is literally what happened this whole week that left me in the situation I'm currently in.

So, here I am standing on our house's lawn with my grey bag pack on my back, with my hair in a ponytail and a bored expression all over my face.

If last Friday I was nearly hit by a car, then this Friday I guess I will probably die due to Raymond's protective-brother-mood.

"What's with the long face Hel?" Raymond still has the nerve to ask me even though he knows that I am clearly not a big fan of this whole camp activity!

"I still don't get it why you must bring me with you when this camp is clearly for the school's football team! Since when did I become a part of the school's football team? Enlighten me if I forgot Ray!" I replied to him with full sarcasm.

You know that I can't leave you alone. This camp is a 3-day and 2-night camp. You will join us, and it's not that bad okay.. you practically know the team, it'll be fun.. trust me.."

The coach has made the team practice at the school almost every evening. So as a result, after making the team have a non-stop practice, he wants the team to chill out a little on this Friday.

All of this is because he doesn't want them to stress about their upcoming game next week, I think.

I guess that God really has blessed me with a full thrice-holiday of Good Friday for this month.

Last Friday I was nearly killed, this Friday I was forced to come to this stupid camp, and next Friday is the football game with Alex's school.

Great.... just fucking great....

"Come on Hel.. get in the car.. we were supposed to meet up with the rest of the team at the camp site at 2 pm. So stop pouting like a child and get your ass over here. "I stomped my feet towards his car, and when I closed his door, I closed it very hard.

Raymond is currently staring at me in awe. I know he really loves his car. It was my dad's present for his birthday, after all.

"Somebody has an anger issue today, I think," I can hear Blake yelling from his car.

Yupp..our house is actually not that far from the Mayor's, so Blake and Raymond will drive together to the camp site.

"Just shut up, Blake," I say, not even looking at him.

"Do you want to bet who's going to be the first one to reach the camp site, Raymond Dawson?" Blake is now looking at Raymond with a grin.

Raymond laughed before replying to him.

Let the game begin, Blake Kingstone! And just like that, Blake and Raymond were both speeding down the roadway.

I just sit beside Raymond without showing any interest. It's not the first time they race like this, so it's nothing new.

Arghh... I just can't stop thinking about this camp...I think I hate Raymond more than I hate Blake for now!!

We arrived at the camp site about one hour and thirty minutes later. While Raymond and Mason are busy setting up my tent, I look around at the camp site and try to explore the surroundings.

I guess I now know why there were so many people who are currently here. I guess I now know why there were so many people who chose this camp site.

It was very moving. I can see the river from up here. The sound of the birds chirping at the tree which is behind the camp site, along with the sound of the river, is making me feel at peace.

I am eager to feel the cold water of the river right now, so I make my way down to the river, which is not too far away from where Raymond and the rest of the team are setting up the tents.

I sat on the biggest rock across from the river while letting my legs hang on it so that my legs could touch the water. The river was so clear that I could even manage to see the white, tiny rocks under the water.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Blake is now joining me to sit on the rock. Well, it's not that hard actually, because the river is full of rocks along the side of it.

So Blake chose the rock that is near to the rock that I am currently sitting on.

"Beautiful is an understatement, if I may say... this is way more than beautiful by itself." I say this without looking at him, and we are now playing with the water using our legs.

After that night, I actually haven't talked or even had the time to argue with him at school anymore thanks to the coach's fucking non-stop practice.

"The bruise is already gone.. I'm all good.. "Blake says to me.

And then, it's suddenly become silently awkward...because both of us just sit there without saying anything.

Helena, it's only been a week, and you're already acting all weird towards Blake... ughhh...

"Umm..I think I better go to Raymond.. he's probably searching for me right now.." I say to him while trying to stand.

"Yeah right... we should probably go." Blake says to me. And just as I was about to stand up, I nearly fell off the rock.

Thank God Blake was fast, and he held me from falling. For a second there, I felt relieved because I clearly didn't want my clothes all soaked under the river. My relief slowly faded away after I realized that Blake was still holding me in his arms.

We are currently in a very damn close position right now.

I can even hear the sound of Blake's breathing. We look at each other's eyes.

And slowly,

Blake moved his face closer to mine,

and I can't help but stare at his lips.

Damn it. I can't even move...Does he want to kiss me right now? I'll be damned...

Blake let go of his other hands that were holding me to cup my face.

I just stood there looking at him, waiting for his next move.

Oh god... oh god... did I just say wait?

I notice his gaze is now locked on my lips....

And while his hand was cupping my face, and the other hand was holding me so close to him,

Slowly, slowly,

He closed the gap between us....