Chapter 6: The first of three

3rd p.o.v

2 hours later

After 2 hours of relentless journeying our 4 heros finally reached the summit of the mountain of despair, shocked to see a ship on the other side that appeared to be filled to the brim with monsters and in the center of the summit, was the beloved mother of Percy and Octavion, Artemis. With Zoë, Thalia, and Octavion in shock, only Percy noticed a large figure in the shadows walk out with a tied up girl who had tears in her eyes and a gag in her mouth (yes in this version Annabeth is not a virgin when she meets percy on mt tamalpais). The other 3 only notice the new figures in the room when the bigger man drops the girl on the ground creating a thumping sound. Zoë reconizes the large man as her father Atlas and confronts him, noticing that her fathers originaly pitch black hair had turned an extremely light grey. Atlas, for the first time noticing his daugter, says "hello my daughter, have you come with your friends to aid me on the titans conquest for the throne, or are you here to be a dissapointment like my other daughters who joined the puny gods or stayed neutral?" While father and daughter were having their reunion, Percy took the chance to sneak up behing the titan general and elbow him in the back of the head, making the general stumble and the fight to engage. The general of the titans bellows in outrage that one of his favorite daughters betrayed him, while knock said daughter into the wall of the cavern, making vibrations throughout the cave with the force of it. With Zoë knocked out and Thalia going down to battle the monsters on the ship, it was just Atlas and Percy, mono e mono.

Line break

The battle was ferocious, both competitors so amazing at what they did that neither could land a hit. Hack, slash, roll, jab, stab, dodge, it went on like this for hours, however, Atlas was always destined to be the winner. He was the titan of endurance after all. Percy was starting to tire after hours of constantly dodging to not get impaled by Atlas' array of weapons. In a last ditch effort,  he put all of his energy into a faint maneuver, that if preformed correctly, would injure Atlas enough so Percy could reput Atlas under the sky. It was an amzing maneuver, the faint worked almost to prefection...almost. Atlas fell for the feint attck but was also prepared for the actual attack that followed, dodging the attak and impaling Percy with his spear. Percy felt his life force draining, so as a last resort, he lunged forward, impaling himself even more, and washing away his chances at surviving the encounter. The lunge was able to get him within reach to have one last push to shove Atlas into Artemis, who was holding the sky at the time, forcing Artemis out from under the sky and trapping Atlas once more. It worked. Atlas fell backwards with enough force to nudge Artemis out of the way and trapping Atlas, who yells a scream of outrage. Percy, after pulling off this spectacular stand, crumples to the ground. The now free Artemis, free from both the sky and the veil covering her eyes from seeing how great her first-born really was, runs to her son collapsing into a sobbing mess cradling her sons head. As the light slowly died from Percy's eyes, Artemis' last words to her son was that she would always be proud of him. Percy's last thought...was that today was his birthday.