Chapter Fourteen; all the kids are depressed

I have something to say before the chapter begins then I will also have some things to say at the end of the chapter.

First off, thanks for making her. the #250 out of all books tagged high school. (over 29k of them) and also for every other rank, I looked at quickly and forgot because I have a horrible memory (had to look at the rank like 5 times before I could get the right number down on it). I'm trying to make this book as good as possible for y'all and I thank y'all for supporting me. Especially the ones that vote!!

Secondly...

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter WILL contain things mentioning self-harm so if that triggers you, please don't read this chapter.

Now onto the story;

I woke up to someone knocking on my bedroom door. I sat up quickly and looked towards where my door was. Remember I was technically in the basement so I just looked up at the steps.

"Yeah?" I called out. I heard the door opened and then footsteps stumbling down the stairs. I shifted on my bed, frowning as I looked over at who it was. Tyler looked around at my room for a second before his eyes landed on me.

"You're still in bed?" he asked. I groaned, already hating the small talk.

"What do you want, Tyler?"

"Is that a way to talk to your best friend?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Tyler, why are you bothering me this early?" I asked. He frowned.

"Dumbass, it's 1 o'clock in the afternoon," he told me loudly. I frowned deeply before shooting out of my bed and running over to the clock that was on the opposite side of the room. Sure enough, it was 1 o'clock.

"Uh, is there something you want to tell me?" Tyler asked as I turned back to face him.

"No, why?" I asked as I tried to figure out why I slept all day.

"Uh, for one, you have a black eye and two, there is a girl in your bed." and he dropped down to a whisper. "And it's Shyla. When did y'all make up?" he asked. I blinked quickly a couple of times before looking over at my bed. Seeing Shyla's sleeping figure laying in the spot next to where I was just laying.

I looked down at my body, realizing I still had clothes on, which was a good sign. This is the second time she's fallen asleep in my bed and I didn't have a recollection of when or how we got to that point.

"Hello. I asked a question." Tyler said, slightly getting impatient. I sighed before motioning for him to walk back up the steps, not wanting to disturb the sleeping beauty in my bed. Tyler rolled his eyes playfully before walking up the steps, I followed behind him.

Once we were upstairs, I closed the door behind us and looked over at Tyler. I rubbed my face and sighed.

"Uh, what the fuck, Noah? Are you just going to explain or am I going to have to assume shit?"

"She had some shit going on yesterday," I admitted. Tyler stared at me, I guess waiting for me to explain further, but I kept my mouth closed, still trying to figure out how we got to my bed without my mother noticing. And I know she had to check on me before she left this morning so why didn't she say something.

"Shit like what?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Not my place to tell you, man." he furrowed his eyebrows.

"We're best friends, you're supposed to tell me shit."

"Not when it's not my secrets, Tyler. That's her secrets. I just got her back, I'm not going to fuck up again and lose her." he stared at me with his lips pursed together.